Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little but unclear about how to use these card. For example: I have a planet that costs 2 ships to take over with warfare. I lead with a hand with 3 warfare cards/symbols. Can I take two ships and then attack a planet with my third warfare symbol? Or do I have to choose between taking ships or attacking one planet. If the later is true, would it be unwise to "boost" your warfare action if you choose to attack a planet?

The same situation applies for the colony cards.

Also, I have a couple of questions on how hand management works when you aren't the leader. First, can you follow with more than one card? Second, if you choose to not follow and to draw a card, do you have to discard down to 5 cards afterwards? Third, If you follow the other person, do you draw back up to your hand size of 5 before you play your action/role or do you simply start with less than 5 cards ( you played 2 cards to follow so you start your turn with 3)

I really appreciate the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alextnorris wrote:
I am a little but unclear about how to use these card. For example: I have a planet that costs 2 ships to take over with warfare. I lead with a hand with 3 warfare cards/symbols. Can I take two ships and then attack a planet with my third warfare symbol? Or do I have to choose between taking ships or attacking one planet. If the later is true, would it be unwise to "boost" your warfare action if you choose to attack a planet?

When leading a Warfare role, you may boost as much as you like, then choose ONE or the OTHER: Collect fighters, or attack a planet.

If you choose to attack a planet with a Warfare role, then boosting it doesn't do anything.

You may NOT do both collect fighters and attack, no matter how many warfare cards you played!

Quote:
The same situation applies for the colony cards.

Same answer here... you EITHER tuck colonies OR settle, not both. If you use the role to settle, then boosting it doesn't do anything.

Quote:
Also, I have a couple of questions on how hand management works when you aren't the leader. First, can you follow with more than one card?

Yes, when following another player's role you may play as many symbols as you like (from cards in hand, or from planets or tech cards in play).
Quote:
Second, if you choose to not follow and to draw a card, do you have to discard down to 5 cards afterwards?

No, you only check your hand size during your own cleanup step. Cards drawn on opponents' turns (from Dissenting) will give you more options on your own turn.
Quote:
Third, If you follow the other person, do you draw back up to your hand size of 5 before you play your action/role or do you simply start with less than 5 cards ( you played 2 cards to follow so you start your turn with 3)

You do not draw cards to reconcile your hand until your own cleanup step. If you follow other players then you get more things done, but have fewer cards to work with on your own turn.

Quote:
I really appreciate the help!

I hope you enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:

I hope you enjoy the game!

I really did, even with the small amount of confusion I had. Thanks so much for the fast answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.