Subject: What's the best board game you ever smelled? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonah Berlin

New York
msg tools
Yes, we are friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously. By far the best board game I ever smelled was Orleans. My god, I cannot believe how good this game smells new. I haven't even played the one I bought, so sometimes I'll just smell it, like a fine Carolina rose that never seems to wither.

I think my second most favorite board game to smell is probably Terra Mystica. Terra Mystica, with it's 60 kilograms of pure Siberian pine cubes, buildings and meeples, makes you feel like you're smelling into a whole new frontier, a wilderness of lost tribes and forced North Korean labor camps. Which is exactly what the game is about! Sort of.

The third best game to smell, I mean that's a tough one. We're talking about a lot of runners up here. But if I were forced to pick, it would be the subtle and mysterious sweetness of Caylus. Caylus, often touted as "the first" worker placement game and the start of the rise and dominance of the Eurogame, has a subtle hint of... What is it, Alsatian dandylion with just a hike's worth of Black forest birch-wind? It's really hard to identity.

It's possible that I just worked 20 hours and I am not aware that I'm typing this. I am also only half kidding about any of this. I like the way board games smell. Please don't ban me, I'm a patron. Somebody has to understand what I'm talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

JamSumo's name might imply it smells more like something Khrusty scraped off the road or found in the back of some exotic Asian massage parlor he once visited after dropping off a hitchhiker... but it most definitely does not. It smells wonderful. Fog of War (also from Cubiko Games) smells just as wonderful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any cards straight from the manufacturer. Reminds me of opening booster packs during my m:tg days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guatemala Cafe had coffee beans in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe - the models smelt like chocolate at first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
The leather smell from opening my backgammon set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.C.
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
Friendship Is Magic
mbmbmbmbmb
I laughed when I read the title of this thread, but a game did immediately come to mind:

Hamburgum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.