Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Rules

Subject: romans ineligible through next card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Recently received this great game but I have just a half learning play in my experience up to now; so, sorry for a very basic question:
in case we have in eligible box arverni and romans and a card such as "sacking" is played as event by Arverni (romans ineligible through next card), this means that:
a)romans are ineligible for present card (they were eligible and second in the card faction order), and are again eligible for the next card;
or
b)romans are ineligible for present and next card
or
c) romans play regularly this card (when possible)but will be not eligible for the next one.

Thank you all for your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lcuslt wrote:
Recently received this great game but I have just a half learning play in my experience up to now; so, sorry for a very basic question:
in case we have in eligible box arverni and romans and a card such as "sacking" is played as event by Arverni (romans ineligible through next card), this means that:
a)romans are ineligible for present card (they were eligible and second in the card faction order), and are again eligible for the next card;
or
b)romans are ineligible for present and next card
or
c) romans play regularly this card (when possible)but will be not eligible for the next one.

Thank you all for your help
option B. They become ineligible immediately when the event is executed and "through next card" means that they will become illegible only after the next card.

See also this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1652059/ineligible-through-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holman
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's "b." The Romans are ineligible for the present card AND the next card.

I can't look at my game right now, so I don't know if the Romans are listed early or late in the card's turn order. This matters because the Romans don't lose as much if they act first on the current card and then allow someone to play this event after them: they've already acted on this card, so they wouldn't be eligible for the next card anyway.

If they're listed later, however, someone playing this event can cause the Romans to miss this card and to have to wait for the card after the next one to go again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
The card taken as example, "Sacking", see Romans second in faction order after arverni, so in this case we have the worst situation in which they miss posibility to play present and next card.
Thank you to all; very clear now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.