Todd B
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Who is John Galt?
mbmbmbmbmb
As a kid I played Monopoly more times than I can count (slim pickings back then). However, I have fond memories of playing with friends and family for hours at a time, and late into the night. I've got a feeling this will become that game for my kids, and I can't tell you how excited I am to start building those lasting memories with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the terrible games of Monopoly in my childhood, I'm surprised I am the board gamer I am today lol.

I'm stoked for you though. I hope to one day play games with little nooblets of my own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
... it's a little dusty in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to play it with my nephew. He's 11. I've introduced board games to him, first with games like King of Tokyo, Smallworld, Krosmaster and Zombicide. He really likes Spyfall and Sheriff of Nottingham too. I'm going to wait to open the Mechs vs Minions until we sit down at the table together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPiddlesworth wrote:
... it's a little dusty in here.

Someone's cutting onions in here; a lasagna for one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVT_mvvZLo

In all honesty, Todd, I can't think of a higher compliment. The idea that this could help families turn a new generation onto our amazing hobby is... well, it's definitely one of those 'deep hopes that you don't say out loud'. I hope the experience lives up to your expectations. That seems like a tall order, but it's flattering none-the-less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Leo
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I get what you're saying in spirit, and I hope you're right, but I must say: even as a child, I HATED monopoly. It's damn near the most unfun board game I have ever played in my entire life. I really cannot express just how much I hate that game. And this is before I even knew "designer" games existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd B
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Who is John Galt?
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, maybe I laid it on a little thick, just extremely excited to get this on the table with the family. The game looks amazing, and I know my kids will love playing with the mechs. Good times ahead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Durden
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
HA! haven't seen that episode in years. Binary SOLO
000000 1
000000 11
0000 111
0000 111 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quasistellar wrote:
I get what you're saying in spirit, and I hope you're right, but I must say: even as a child, I HATED monopoly. It's damn near the most unfun board game I have ever played in my entire life. I really cannot express just how much I hate that game. And this is before I even knew "designer" games existed.

You know what OP is trying to say. Looking backwards, most of us (especially bgg users) agree that Monopoly is a bad a boardgame as it gets (I honestly do not remember having EVER ended a game), but truth be told, it has proven a sucessful family/friends gatherer for a loooong time, and that's what counts (in fact, the light and boring nature of the game itself had a great side effect: we talked about, and shared, other things so the game was just an excuse). If MvM would ever be considered as such, I agree with Chris that this is a great compliment, though I suspect MvM will require quite a bit more concentration to play than Monopoly, fortunately

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.