Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tactics cards when playing as Trogs in 2-3 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I've been reading these threads and the FAQs for awhile now, and nearly all of my questions have been answered. However, there's still one issue that I THINK I know the answer to, but I have not found confirmation on these threads:

In a 2-3 player game, if my opponent winds up fighting some Trogs, then I take control of the Trogs in the battle. The rules say I may use Tactics cards out of my hand, but they don't specify either terrain tactics or faction tactics cards. I have always understood that to mean I may play any of my own faction tactics cards AND/OR any valid terrain tactics cards.

For example, I'm the Machines and my opponent is the Pilgrims. The Pilgrims get in a fight with some Trogs in the desert. I take control of the Trogs during the battle, and I may use any desert tactics cards and/or any Machine tactics cards in the battle. Is this correct? Or would I be restricted only to the desert tactics cards in my hand (since Trogs obviously aren't Machines)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themightyplatypus wrote:
I've been reading these threads and the FAQs for awhile now, and nearly all of my questions have been answered. However, there's still one issue that I THINK I know the answer to, but I have not found confirmation on these threads:

In a 2-3 player game, if my opponent winds up fighting some Trogs, then I take control of the Trogs in the battle. The rules say I may use Tactics cards out of my hand, but they don't specify either terrain tactics or faction tactics cards. I have always understood that to mean I may play any of my own faction tactics cards AND/OR any valid terrain tactics cards.

For example, I'm the Machines and my opponent is the Pilgrims. The Pilgrims get in a fight with some Trogs in the desert. I take control of the Trogs during the battle, and I may use any desert tactics cards and/or any Machine tactics cards in the battle. Is this correct? Or would I be restricted only to the desert tactics cards in my hand (since Trogs obviously aren't Machines)?

You can use any elligble terrain tactics cards in your hand, and/or any faction tactics cards in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do like this game, but it needed more time to get the pathetic rule book sorted out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
itmo wrote:
I do like this game, but it needed more time to get the pathetic rule book sorted out.

Yep. We get it. In fact, we got it when you posted a whole thread about your thoughts on the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.