Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakob Alexander Brahm
Denmark
Vester Skerninge
Danmark
flag msg tools
publisher
Hello Dixit community,
here is a little print&play board and rules for anyone wanting to play coop 2-player Dixit (or team-vs-team):

Setting:
Your team of adventuring heroes have found their way into a secret dungeon guarded by an ancient Golem. As you enter the dungeon,
the Golem stirs and begins to move... You and your trusty partner must hasten through the dungeon or the Golem will surely destroy the wondrous treasure!

Rules:
Play alternates between the two players each turn: one is the active player while the other is the partner. As active player you draw two cards, then say one word which connects both cards(for instance a color, theme or concept), draw 3 random cards and shuffle them all. Place the 5 cards face up before your partner.

If your partner guesses both of the original cards move the Team token 3 spaces, if only 1 card is guessed move the Team token 1 space. If none of the original cards were guessed do not move the Team token.
At the end of each turn move the Golem token 2 spaces.

For each token standing on a skull the Golem moves 4 spaces at the end of turn, unless your partner guessed both the original cards.
If you get to the treasure before the Golem, your team wins the game!

BTW:
This version actually also works as a team-vs-team setting (just remove the Golem and play with team tokens only - alternatively keep the Golem and both teams lose if the Golem gets to the treasure before a team).

NOTE: Do not print the below preview images,
Download and print the 300 dpi PDF file from the link at the bottom of this post.

Preview of front of board (rules):

Preview of back of board (player board):

Full quality (and right size) board and rules link:
DOWNLOAD -> Dixit2playerdungeon.pdf at tinyurl <-PRINT THIS ONE

If printed correctly the board will be in full quality and fit the original Dixit expansion boxes.
Have fun and enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds interesting, I'd just say that I think it would be cool to incorporate the cards as part of the dungeon crawl map or something instead of just moving the token on the grid...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Alexander Brahm
Denmark
Vester Skerninge
Danmark
flag msg tools
publisher
aaarg_ink wrote:
sounds interesting, I'd just say that I think it would be cool to incorporate the cards as part of the dungeon crawl map or something instead of just moving the token on the grid...

I like your idea of incorporating cards into a board - but see the current board as more of a score-keeping device for the variant rules (even though the Golem mechanic is in play throughout the board).

Basically we just wanted a fun 2 player variant, so why not share it with the community as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! I would love to give this a try since I just got new Dixit cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This sounds great - and looks logical enough for a bit of variety, especially 2 player. Going to give it a try this weekend. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea

Gave it a go with 2 different sets, and it seems to work well enough, though there was some confusion over the Golem movement: If it is on a skill space, does it move the 4 spaces as well as the 2 or instead of? If it is as well as, then it could quite quickly jump from 10 to the end of the dungeon in 6 turns with some bad play from the players, as all the skulls are 6 spaces apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Alexander Brahm
Denmark
Vester Skerninge
Danmark
flag msg tools
publisher
Great you gave it a go the Golem should move 4 in stead of 2 at the end of the turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.