Subject: Levelling up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Super Tramp
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Rulebook says:

Your Hero may spend 1,000 gold pieces to become 2nd lvl,........It also allows you to choose a new Daily power..
Does it mean that I can have 2 daily powers now ? Or I'm still bounded by the selection requirements on Hero card - 1 Daily power,2 Utility powers and 2 At-Will powers (which means i just swap one Daily power to another - which is confused because during Town Actions each Hero can do the same by action: swap powers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Daum
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get two daily powers for each mission (instead of one). You can change them between missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Tramp
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Everything clear now Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperTramp wrote:
1 Daily power,2 Utility powers and 2 At-Will powers
I don't have my game with me at work here, but I thought that when you flip the hero board over, it lists the new powers as 2 of each on the Level 2 side. I'll have to check this when I get home tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Tramp
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just checked the other side of hero board and there is no list - just note about special ability of hero. So powers build (1 Daily power + 1 extra Daily power,2 Utility powers and 2 At-Will powers) stays the same at lvl 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitriy A
msg tools
Stays the same including necessary Powers (for example, Longbow for Ranger)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Bryce
United States
California
flag msg tools
What is a mission? An Adventure?

Do we only get one daily power Before? Where is that listed?

Swap Powers says it allows you to change out your powers. How is this different? What changes when I become level two? Can I not switch between daily powers at level one in campaign mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wyse
United Kingdom
Farnborough
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
legacyborn wrote:
What is a mission? An Adventure?

Do we only get one daily power Before? Where is that listed?

Swap Powers says it allows you to change out your powers. How is this different? What changes when I become level two? Can I not switch between daily powers at level one in campaign mode?

A mission, scenario, and adventure are the same thing. One dungeon, one objective, one session of the game. A campaign is 13 linked adventures. Think of it like a TV series. An adventure (or mission) is an episode, whereas the campaign is a season.

For the confusion around power selection I shall use Talon's Hero card as an example. On the 1st level side it says...

Powers: You can use the following Power cards.
- Long Bow
- Scimitars
- Select 2 ranger Utility powers
- Select 1 ranger Daily power

So there is where it tells you that you only get one Daily. Between adventures the rulebook states, on page 14...

Swap Powers: In between adventures you may change your Hero's selected powers. You are still bound by the selection requirements on the Hero card.

Which would mean Talon still gets Long Bow, Scimitars, 2 Utilities, and 1 Daily. The difference is, you can change WHICH Utility and Daily powers you take. Talon has specific At-Will, but other Heroes can also change those. Now, written on the same page...

Level Up: Your Hero may spend 1,000 gold pieces to become 2nd level! Flip your 1st level Hero card over to the 2nd level side. Leveling up to 2nd level increases your Hero's Hit Points, Armour Class, and Surge value. It also allows you to choose a new Daily Power. For the remainder of the campaign, your Hero is at 2nd level.

Flipping over the Hero card to it's 2nd level side, you'll see (beneath the class but above the special ability)...

When you level up, increase your HP by 2, your AC by 1, your Surge value by 1, and select an additional ranger Daily power.

Leveling up in the game's "normal mode" requires that you roll a natural 20 and spend 5 Experience points. Leveling up with gold is limited to the "campaign mode", as is buying advancement tokens and trading card or gold pieces with other Heroes.

You can still swap powers between adventures in "normal mode" because each adventure is essentially standalone. You can change which Hero you play if you want, you're only locked into a single Hero while playing "campaign mode".

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wyse
United Kingdom
Farnborough
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
SuperTramp wrote:
I just checked the other side of hero board and there is no list - just note about special ability of hero. So powers build (1 Daily power + 1 extra Daily power,2 Utility powers and 2 At-Will powers) stays the same at lvl 1?

Check my post above. 1st level side gives you the Power selection you can choose from (generally that's 2 x At-Will, 2 x Utility, and 1 x Daily). The 2nd level side gives you the BONUS stuff you get for leveling up (generally, that's some extra HP and AC, and 1 x extra Daily).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.