$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
$30.00
From the Secret Wars rulesheet, emphasis added.

Cross-Dimensional Rampage: "Cross-Dimensional (Character) Rampage" means "Each player reveals one of their (Character) Heroes or a (Character) card in their Victory pile or gains a Wound." (Character) cards include any card with "(Character)" in its card name or Hero name.
* "Hulk" cards additionally include "Maestro" and "Nul, Breaker of Worlds."
* "Wolverine" cards additionally include any card with "Weapon X" or "Old Man Logan".

So it notes, however, that Maestro and Nul also count, and presumably Wasteland Hulk also would, but these are all Bruce Banner/Hulk. The other Radiation Villains don't count. Likewise, with Wolverine it's Old Man Logan, Weapon X, and Wolverine, and all of these are Logan from various times and periods.

By this principle, would Cross-Dimensional Captain America Rampage include Captain America (Falcon)? Yes. Would it include Steve Rogers, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.? I would think so ... and yet would it have to be errated in?

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its about the man under the mask...

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But it's also about the mask, 'cause I'm pretty sure Hulkling and She-Hulk aren't Bruce Banner, but also pretty sure they'd apply, too.

So maybe:

1. Same guy, and/or
2. Same hero identity.

... yeah?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! Using the RAW (rules as written), it would appear that Captain American (Falcon) would count and Steve Rogers, Director of SHIELD, would not. But, thematically, it really should be the other way around. I think that, if Upper Deck were to ever release official cards with Cross-Dimensional Captain America Rampage, the cards would be accompanied by a rules sheet which would clarify this issue. It'll never happen though because Cross-Dimensional Rampage is going to be one of those keywords that will never be reused since it's only thematically applicable to Secret Wars. If it were up to me to decide though, I agree with Rudy and would go with the thematic interpretation: Steve Rogers counts; FalconCap does not. I could be persuaded otherwise with FalconCap though....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
TheUbiquitous wrote:
But it's also about the mask, 'cause I'm pretty sure Hulkling and She-Hulk aren't Bruce Banner, but also pretty sure they'd apply, too.

So maybe:

1. Same guy, and/or
2. Same hero identity.

... yeah?

While semantically Hulkling and She-Hulk count, I would generally rule that they don't - Nul is a form of Banner-Hulk just as Old Man Logan is a form of Logan-Wolverine.

Similarly, I wouldn't treat Wolverine (X-23) as Wolverine in this case either. Because I'm grumpy like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a good question! My thoughts: Cross Dimensional Rampage is a throwaway keyword, so I'm not going to worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Jemjar wrote:
TheUbiquitous wrote:

So maybe:

1. Same guy, and/or
2. Same hero identity.

... yeah?

While semantically Hulkling and She-Hulk count, I would generally rule that they don't - Nul is a form of Banner-Hulk just as Old Man Logan is a form of Logan-Wolverine.

Similarly, I wouldn't treat Wolverine (X-23) as Wolverine in this case either. Because I'm grumpy like that.

But, to be clear the actual rule is that She-Hulk does count (well, Red She-Hulk as she's still the only "She-Hulk" we have). In particular, Devin ruled that
Quote:
Daniel Hogan is correct. The Secret Wars rulesheet says "This counts any card that includes “Hulk” in its card name or Hero name..." so this includes "Red She-Hulk, the Mighty" from Fear Itself! Red She-Hulk will the fight of her life, holding back the Cross-Dimensional Hulk Rampage - I can visualize the comic now!
(link: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19879251#19879251)

So, I think you should generally rule that they do count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
This is a good question! My thoughts: Cross Dimensional Rampage is a throwaway keyword, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Probably the most practical response - unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
... but ... customs ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
... but ... customs ...

True.

Case in point:

From
Nacnud Llah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.