Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there are different block counts and the ships are used by both sides, but is the old Gamma version playable with the new rules?

Does it really matter or should I just play with the old rules? This is the big long skinny box (Gamma 2st edition I think).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the counters have changed...so, probably no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ID play with the original rules. The naval system is different and there are also significant OB changes on the land side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not totally compatible but the original game is perfectly fine. The naval system is simpler and the treatment of the Indians is different but it's still a fine game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Kenny Dorham || Trompeta Toccata || Whistle Stop || Una Mas
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been happy with the old school rules. The optional rules for Simultaneous Movement are awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
I've always been happy with the old school rules. The optional rules for Simultaneous Movement are awesome.

Simultaneous movement is mandatory in my view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The changes were more tweaks. Because of the changes of some rules, labels etc the newer rules wouldn't be seamless but the ist edition rules would be fine. I have both v1 and V2 and love them both equally and play them both regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaynerichards72 wrote:
The changes were more tweaks. Because of the changes of some rules, labels etc the newer rules wouldn't be seamless but the ist edition rules would be fine. I have both v1 and V2 and love them both equally and play them both regularly.

Well, the naval system in the original was only two step (effectively) and the new rules have the Columbia A1, B2 etc. firing precedence system. The older game is simpler, but I don't think any worse for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.