15 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim DeForest
msg tools
mbmb
Sorry if this has already been asked AND that I'm pretty sure I'm clarifying something that is obvious. Bu the rules are a tad unclear to me.

Am I correct in how movement points work:

1) The Action Phase begins. If a Hero performs a Move action before performing any other action, he can use his free Movement Points PLUS points from any gems he played.

2) If he does something OTHER THAN a Move action for that first action (attack, manipulate, etc), he loses his free Movement Points.

3) After the first turn, whether he used or lost his free Movement Points, he now MUST play gems in order to perform a Move action and gets movement points based solely on the number of gems played.

Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
For heroes the first time you do a move action a turn you use your free movement, so even if you attack first as long as you haven't moved this turn yet you can use your free movement points. You cannot split the free movement points across two different move actions (so no move for free 1, attack, then move a second free 1). This was confirmed by Fred Henry the game designer as a poor translation from the French to English rules.

The overlord must move all his activated units before he attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim DeForest
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalel21 wrote:

3) After the first turn, whether he used or lost his free Movement Points, he now MUST play gems in order to perform a Move action and gets movement points based solely on the number of gems played.

Correct?

Just to clarify: the "first turn" has nothing to do with it. It's played the same on every turn (as described earlier on in this thread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree with craigK
i think you can even go a step further, namely that its the player's choice at which point you collect your basic move points.
with this i mean that you could do a move action using only gems without collecting your base movement, then do other actions then move again and collect your basic movement points at that point.

the rule that says you lose any movement points when you perform another action only lets you lose the points that you have taken up from gems or basic movement but not those that you didnt collect yet.

so if on your first move you only need 1 move point, then you just use a single gem to move, keeping your basic movement points for a later move as to make more efficient use of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Angelsenior wrote:
i agree with craigK
i think you can even go a step further, namely that its the player's choice at which point you collect your basic move points.
with this i mean that you could do a move action using only gems without collecting your base movement, then do other actions then move again and collect your basic movement points at that point.

the rule that says you lose any movement points when you perform another action only lets you lose the points that you have taken up from gems or basic movement but not those that you didnt collect yet.

so if on your first move you only need 1 move point, then you just use a single gem to move, keeping your basic movement points for a later move as to make more efficient use of them.

Hi,

Actually the first movement points you spend HAVE to be your base movement points (whether you are a Hero or an Overlord's unit)

It prevents from having to wonder whether you have used them or not. If you moved this turn you necessarily used them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so who is right? can someone chime in that has read the french rules? I would but i don't have the french book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Actually, I work with Monolith so you can trust me
(I should find a way to put it in my signature or something)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Am i missing something here or in the examples in the hero rulebook (Move page) Conan attacks and THEN move with his 2 free base movement points (plus 1 for the hindering)?

Is it correct? I'm confused because of this statement: "if a hero performs an action other than a Move each turn the hero loses all of their movement points"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
Yes, you can Attack then Move with your free movement points if you have not used them previously in the same turn.

This will be cleared in the new rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
Yes, you can Attack then Move with your free movement points if you have not used them previously in the same turn.

This will be cleared in the new rulebook.

Thank you! I think we're all looking forward for the new rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any idea when new rulebook will be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
genoan wrote:
Any idea when new rulebook will be available?

This is probably the single most-asked question in the forums right now.

Short answer: no

Long answer: noooooooooo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g colhoun
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answers. Both of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Swinkels
Belgium
Diest-Webbekom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took the effort to read the movement rules in the french rules online. Boy, they are indeed much clearer than the translated ones. They dropped/refrased very important info methinks.

French rulebook:
Tous les personnages disposent d'une base de points de mouvement (1)

La base de points de mouvement correspond à un nombre de points de mouvement gratuits.

Les premiers déplacements réalisés par le personnage dans un tour de jeu sont forcément ceux de sa base de points de mouvement.
Il n'est pas nécessaire de placer une gemme d'énergie sur la case mouvement pour se déplacer en utilisant sa base de points de mouvement.
Tout déplacement supplémentaire requiert la dépense de gemmes d'énergie à concurrence d'une gemme par point de mouvement supplémentaire.

Si, pour une raison ou une autre (attaquer un adversaire, ramasser un objet, etc.), un personnage interrompt son déplacement initial sans avoir utilisé la totalité des points de sa base de mouvement, il en perd le reliquat pour le reste du tour.

Google Translate

All characters have a base movement points (1)

The basic points of movement corresponds to a number of points of free movement.

The first movements made by the character in a game round are necessarily those of his basic movement points.
It is not necessary to place a power gem on the motion box to move using its basis point movement.
Further movement requires the expenditure of energy gems up to one gem for an extra movement point.

If, for one reason or another (attack an opponent, pick up an object, etc.), a character interrupts his initial movement without having used all points of its basic movement, he loses the remainder for the rest of the turn .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.