Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Schutt
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group is starting Seafall next week and I have heard the prologue is quite slow and boring. We have all preread the rules. How long did the prologue take you? Would it be feasible to combine with first game if we have 3-4 hours?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have read the rules, and you also understand that the prologue doesn't really matter, there's no reason for it to be slow. But it depends on the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How many players do you have? A three-player game will go much faster than a 5.

Have they already read the backs of the player boards/decided which factions they prefer? If you can set up in advance, that will help.

If all your players are reasonably well-prepared and take their turns at a reasonable clip, then you should be okay (maybe tight/late if you're running 4/5 players). If you're going to need to add time for rules clarification, and analyzing the board state looking for the "perfect" move, you'll finish the prologue with time left, but probably not enough for a full game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took us less than an hour to get through the prologue 4 players. We played it and the first 2 games in 5 hours. I did have everyone watch "Watch It Played" rules rundown first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just here to provide contrast. Played prologue with 5 players today and it took about three hours. Two advanced gamers, two medium, one Ticket-to-Rider. There was still a fair bit of confusion at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our 5 man prologue game took 2 hours. We played our first game right afterward and that took 2.5 hours.

Bear in mind, I ended the first game early by claiming 2 milestones in 3 turns (we finished before the first winter). So, your game could easily take far longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Gingerich
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wenadin01 wrote:
Our 5 man prologue game took 2 hours. We played our first game right afterward and that took 2.5 hours.

Bear in mind, I ended the first game early by claiming 2 milestones in 3 turns (we finished before the first winter). So, your game could easily take far longer.

This is almost the exactly the same experience that our game group had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schutt
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input guys! Sounds like it is pretty variable. We will be playing with 4 players, all pretty versed gamers who have read the rules on PDF but have not seen the components or the actual game. Based on the responses, we'll probably plan for 1-2 hours.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Alan Sayers
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group of 3 took about 2 hours, but that included a review of the rules (two of us had watched the how to play video, but the 3rd had only skimmed the main rules). We are also a bit inclined to slow play, I am afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Took us about an hour to play a 4-player prologue in two and a half rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.