Popular Tags: [View All]
gregory duff
United States
Ft.Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meepleGiza kiss I am a member of two gaming communities and play Mondays at Gamegrunt's house and Thursday at Borders in Arlington, Tx. I have painstakingly tried to interest my wife in some boardgames. I tried Lost Cities (uh-uh), Ringgz, and with a little bit of interest, Robo Rally. I recently purchased Giza at Lone Star Comics. I have played it as a filler on game nites with great success (Not winning frequently either). Alas, I decided to beg my betrothed Amazonian Spartan beauty to indulge me in a couple of games. She caught on quick and dealt me disaster tiles and bugs willy nilly. When the pyramid dust settled, she had 24 pts to my 21. I begged for a rematch to get my revenge. I regettably have to say I did not play nice-nice and assaulted her edifices with scarabs and disaster tiles. I could not help myself when I placed a disaster tile on the 15 point torso of her pride and joy sphinx. She quipped, " You're in trouble now" and magically placed another 15 point torso back atop the sphinx feet. I completed my three pyramids first to end the game. I was sure I had enough points to defeat this queen Gorgo and enough points to end up sleeping on the couch to boot........we added the points....she had 38 points to my respectable 32. She won and declined to plaY it one more time. She did say "I'll play it again".......BREAKTHRU BIG TIME. I highly recommend this game with 2 to 4 players...have not played with 5 or 6 yet.

A question popped up with the Giza game rules: If a player has a scarab on a pyramid and/or sphinx when another player ends the game building three pyramids, is that structure able to be scored with the bug atop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A question popped up with the Giza game rules: If a player has a scarab on a pyramid and/or sphinx when another player ends the game building three pyramids, is that structure able to be scored with the bug atop?

Yes. The rules make no mention of scarab tiles nullifying the score of a structure at game's end.

Glad to hear that the you and your charming marital unit experienced the joy that can only be had over a table of gaming goodness.

Regards,

Your pal,

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.