Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. If I have a general in a unit with one square left and that unit is attacked and receives 2 wounds, would the general receive the extra wound and be auto killed or would I still have to roll the one dice to see if the general is killed or retreated as per the "attached leader's unit eliminated" rules? I am just unsure if there are extra causalities left over.

2. So to make sure, in the base game, the only benefit the general gives is to ignore 1 flag? Seems generals are pretty weak and risky to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. The general must roll 1 die and is eliminated if a crossed sabers result is rolled. Excess kills on the unit is wasted.

2. Yes, generals only allow you to ignore a flag. With the Generals, Marshals and Tactics decks, leaders get new capabilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The general rolls the one die.

There are cards that allow you to activate units that have a leader, and receive an additional battle dice (leadership cards).

In marshals and tacticians, you see leaders become much more significant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrewzgamez AzGzEz

Sarasota
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your question , Eddie . The answer to me seemed obvious , but I am not in your Wellingtons . I thought my querry was fair , but the number of thumbs-down I received suggests otherwise . Hopefully your posting will take the heat off mine .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lone leader also provide support to adjacent units. (Look at how Ney is setup in the Waterloo scenario)

They can be moved off of the board to escape without costing you a vp and cards key off of them. They're an important part of the game but must be protected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Q2, I thought units with a leader get plus one battle die to attack? Is this not correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Manduwolf wrote:
Thanks for your question , Eddie . The answer to me seemed obvious , but I am not in your Wellingtons . I thought my querry was fair , but the number of thumbs-down I received suggests otherwise . Hopefully your posting will take the heat off mine .

what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
kentreuber wrote:
1. No. The general must roll 1 die and is eliminated if a crossed sabers result is rolled. Excess kills on the unit is wasted.

2. Yes, generals only allow you to ignore a flag. With the Generals, Marshals and Tactics decks, leaders get new capabilities.

is that expansion highly recommended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cracky wrote:
A lone leader also provide support to adjacent units. (Look at how Ney is setup in the Waterloo scenario)

They can be moved off of the board to escape without costing you a vp and cards key off of them. They're an important part of the game but must be protected.

Can they voluntarily leave the board or only if retreating? Also, what do you mean "costing you a vp and cards key off of them?" I know the vp but what about the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No if they can be ordered to exit off of your side of the board to escape destruction and granting your opponent a vp.

Generals also stop retreating units.... Another use. I forgot that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first time and like you I was surprised and a few disappointed when I discovered the Leader's few capacities in CCN but ... I then slowly discovered their importance. Here are some examples:

- Ignore a flag means often to stand and BE ABLE TO BATTLE BACK!

- Ignore a flag means also avoid being CHASED and attacked again by cavalry!

- Ignore a flag means for artillery on hill to avoid losing TWO TURNS to come back AND be able to shoot again!

- Supporting means if only 2 units in a sector plus a Leader: To place the Leader behind them is a solution to have BOTH units supported!

- To prepare an attack and place the Leader on the good units may be very efficient when using the LEADERSHIP card and have them rolling +1 die then!

- A Leader can stop a unit from retreating through him so may SAVE the unit plus is now directly ATTACHED with the unit thus saving a futur move for that purpose!

- A Leader can escape from the battlefield while in retreat so even if a shame (lol) this may AVOID the enemy to win one more victory point!

... But yes: The 5th expansion is a MUST! For me the core game is made to test the game and if you enjoyed it, ALL the expansions are un must!

And the 6th is coming soon ...

Enjoy!
GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 6th is here, at least the advanced guard copy.

We will be playing at BGG Con in 3 weeks!

Battle reports to follow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
The 6th is here, at least the advanced guard copy.

We will be playing at BGG Con in 3 weeks!

Battle reports to follow!

Lucky guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.