Popular Tags: [View All]
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
First post for this new exciting addition to the Flying Colors series.

Chris Valk and I played an introductory "chase" scenario where the Chilean's (me) tried to chase down the Peruvian/Confederate smaller force.

The historical results is considered a stalemate, but both sides claimed victory as the Confederates escaped under darkness with no losses.

In our playtest, I was a bit sloppy, learning better through the tactics played by Chris (Boy, chase guns are important!). I need to use chase guns better. Still got a few rules wrong, but am closer to playing the game near to 100% correctly.

Anyway, we had few volleys of broadsides with the rigging of my Chilean 6th rate ships, Libertad and Aquiles, damaged (6 Riggings a piece) My G rated ships were generally intact with minimal damaged.

The Valk's Confederate ships made excellent use of the chase guns. He tagged my ships, but the Chilean ships went for broadsides with raking and successfully sunk a G rated ship (Forget which one, Junin or Fundador).

After the ship became Vulnerable, Valk decided to flee with his two mostly intact ships. The problem. . . his third ship sunk. The VP total became 1vp Chile vs. 0vp Confederates. A chase ensued for three or four turns only to have the Confederates Break Off.

Now with the Chilean 6th rated ships not being able to be at Full Sail with the commanders on them, it would have only been a matter of time for the two remaining ships to flea the battlefield, but given the rules, they broke off and the final VP totals would have been 1VP Chile vs. 0VP Confederates and a win for my Chileans.

This scenario is an excellent introductory scenario to teach the system to players. There are only two special scenario rules that are to used. There are no shoals or other special rules. The scenario works well.

Looking forward to trying another scenario soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.