Subject: possible 2 player rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris pax

Alabaster
Alabama
msg tools
mbmb
what if the federation was the neutral npc faction.
on their first turn they discovery 2 planets and fill in the resource spots automatically and on subsequent turns they discover one system per turn
the production they make is automatically converted to ships and once a system reaches 3 ships they automatically form a fleet. the ships could maybe be distributed evenly on all their planets
their new science nodes would draw a tech and each turn one research would be applied until its active.
their culture nodes would produce as normal and collect until they reach 5 and become ascendency. if a planet is drawn they must lose two culture to occupy it
their shields and weapons would be based on their ascendency level

trade agreements could be first come fist serve and be immediately revoked if a player attacks them

I figure since the federation always wants peace they would make a good npc faction

any thoughts or ideas just brainstorming here:}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Sounds pretty good except for the auto node development. They would get very strong very fast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thing is Federation is too aggressive hence the Hegemony system to be an NPC. For an NPC faction I think the Bajorans would be much better given that ttheir lore is a space faring race that had their homeworld taken over by Cardassain Occupation and the Federation seeks Hegemony wishing to annex the Bajoran system after the Cardassians abandon that system. I can easily see a 2 player (Federation Cardassian) scenario with the Bajoran NPC faction caught in the middle. The trick is not to have the Bajorans attack/block the leader but who is threatening their system the most. But make their systems the best in terms of culture where you almost have the threaten their systems in order to beat your opponent to ascendancy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.