Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you retrieve your workers, all of your workers come back to your personal supply from wherever they are and the contractors come back to the general supply from the main board and your buildings but not from other players buildings. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any unused contractors you have also return to the general supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Right... there is a little nasty trick where you place a contractor on one of your opponent's building when you use spy action. That way it's locked up the maximum amount of time, cause when you pull back it doesn't clear off their board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Workers placed on your bombs and test counters also go back to their respective supplies when you retrieve.

All of the retrieval rules are spelled out clearly and concisely in the rule book. I often suggest that new players keep the book open to that page and follow them word-for-word until it becomes routine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Ross
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I was wondering the same thing. So If I understand this correctly, all of my workers, those of my color (i.e., yellow), comes off EVERY board in the game. If I had played contractors, GREY worker, during my turn on my opponents board(s) those GREY contractor workers remain on that opponents board(s) till that player pulls his/hers workers.

And yes I do play will the rules always open but sometimes a little clarification is helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To clear up any confusion anyone might have who wanders on to this thread, I will type up the worker retrieval rules verbatim from the rule book. I believe they are clear and unambiguous. (De-emphasis mine )

RETRIEVE WORKERS

Step 1: Return all of your permanent Workers from the Main Board and all Player Boards to your personal supply.
Do not collect any Workers from the General Supply at this time.

Step 2: Return all Workers on your Buildings, Bombs, and Implosion Test counters to their appropriate supplies.
Contractors return to the General Supply. Permanent Workers return to their owners' personal supplies.

Step 3: Return all contractors on the Main Board and your personal supply to the General Supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer your questions...

DonaldR24433 wrote:
If I understand this correctly, all of my workers, those of my color (i.e., yellow), comes off EVERY board in the game.

Correct. This is covered in Step 1, above. All workers in your color (except those still in the General Supply) come back to you, ready to use for your next turn.

DonaldR24433 wrote:
If I had played contractors, GREY worker, during my turn on my opponents board(s) those GREY contractor workers remain on that opponents board(s) till that player pulls his/hers workers.

Also correct. If you read Steps 1-3 you won't find any instructions that involve contractors on your opponents' boards.

It might be helpful to remember that at the moment you place a contractor, it is no longer "yours" at all. There is no need to remember that you were the one who placed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Ross
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Sounds great, thank for taking the time to clarify the contractor's rule. Guess I am over interpreting the rules. Thanks for the answer and for the time you take to monitor the board, I do appreciate that people like yourself take the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don JC
Chile
flag msg tools
mb
if i use a permanent worker AND a contractor on an opponent building in the espionage phase...

when i retreat my permanent worker the contractor still remain in the opponent's building... what happen next? the opponent can use the building with 1 less requirement? the building can't be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The building is still occupied so it can't be used. It will stay occupied until that player takes a turn to recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don JC wrote:
if i use a permanent worker AND a contractor on an opponent building in the espionage phase...

when i retreat my permanent worker the contractor still remain in the opponent's building... what happen next? the opponent can use the building with 1 less requirement? the building can't be used?

Building can't be used until that player retrieves workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don JC
Chile
flag msg tools
mb
ok thanks!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.