Subject: Shuffling before World Series rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Roy
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mb
I think that I know the answer... I'm just not sure I agree with it! [wink] In a game with a friend, we play the first 3 mini-games, primarily for the buying rounds. I suspect that the Dugout cards are not automatically shuffled back into the Lineup at the start of the World Series... but part of me wants a "fresh start" at the start of the series. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
After being a nervous wreck for two weeks.....
badge
I can finally exhale!! THIS TEAM!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. Play continues without a reshuffle.

But as always, I think, that if you prefer it that way, it is your game.

I don't believe it would mess with the balance too much...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
That is really up to you. Many players do not play the first 3 mini games they just do buy rounds without the game. I do like to start without shuffling after that to keep the deck from being too much of a mismatch for that first game but it is up to you. Have fun!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If shuffling before the world series I'd recommend keeping the cards purchased on the proceeding buy round separate, and then drawing them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark is absolutely correct that you want to have your new players available!

I also agree that at home you should play the way that suits you best.

For Tournaments, we insist on shuffles whenever you engage a new opponent.

Ralph

Go Wiffle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Roy
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mb
What??!! Play the way I want to?? Blasphemy!! [wink] Designers/developers are much more familiar with the game... so I always want to play the way they intended. My friend and I are both baseball fans (my friend actually played college baseball) and we played our first game with a real life Cubs/Dodgers baseball game in the background. As fans... we both had a little trouble dealing with multiple hits on a single "player" card (I had the advantage of playing a solitaire game first to learn the game)... but had a very good time once we got the hang of it. My question arose because, purely by the luck of the 6 card draw in the last pre-Series game, I was able to draft an amazing card to the top of my Lineup for the start of the World Series that my opponent could not match. It just struck me that that was too much of an advantage for something that had little to do with the skill of my play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.