Popular Tags: [View All]
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not my work, but tyrela posted this on TMP!

http://usulshomeworld.blogspot.com/2016/10/give-as-few-order...

Rick still has a slight case of chunkyheaditis, but it's not as much as the renders.

Also: Play through and other articles on Tabletop Gamers UK: https://tabletopgamersuk.wordpress.com/?s=walking+dead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Nice! Advanced copy or really quick job after picking up from Essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I go the impression it's an advance copy sent out to reviewers or demo monkeys before retail. I read some article somewhere that said Mantic was sending out review copies before retail.

I didn't back, so please post photos and your impression of the miniatures and game when you get your copy! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
I go the impression it's an advance copy sent out to reviewers or demo monkeys before retail. I read some article somewhere that said Mantic was sending out review copies before retail.

I didn't back, so please post photos and your impression of the miniatures and game when you get your copy! zombie

I'm pretty sure that is not the RV miniature the backers are getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Loin o Beef wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:

I'm pretty sure that is not the RV miniature the backers are getting.

I didn't think Mantic was producing an RV miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Yeah, that RV is not a Mantic miniature. I unashamedly backed The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary from Cryptozoic just for their RV mini exclusive for use in this game.

Regarding impressions of the game... I've already been playing it with the rules and PnP proofing Mantic sent out to backers. I'm sure some things changed but likely nothing to stop me from saying it is a fantastic system. I've seen the KS box at GenCon and the minis look great as well so now I'm just twiddling thumbs until a box of awesomeness drops on my door step :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
space monkey mafia wrote:
Yeah, that RV is not a Mantic miniature. I unashamedly backed The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary from Cryptozoic just for their RV mini exclusive for use in this game.

Regarding impressions of the game... I've already been playing it with the rules and PnP proofing Mantic sent out to backers. I'm sure some things changed but likely nothing to stop me from saying it is a fantastic system. I've seen the KS box at GenCon and the minis look great as well so now I'm just twiddling thumbs until a box of awesomeness drops on my door step :-)

Nice, great to hear!

What do you like about the game? Have you been able to try
campaign play? What's neat about that? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
I'm a big fan of FFG's X-wing miniatures game so I really like squad building and competitive vs games. This game has a lot of the same feel but adds in an AI enemy to mess with everyone that makes it novel. Supposedly there will be a lot more missions and each of those usually bring in unique obstacle and environment rules so it may stay more "fresh" than X-wing (though I still really love X-wing ).

However, that was not what really drew me to the game, it was more the co-op/solo and campaign mode that I'm most looking forward to. It's hard to say how good the stock campaign scenarios will be since I haven't seen anything except the basic scenario but I'm not too concerned about it because there are enough tools to make your own if you want. And that was exactly what I did.

Over the summer, I made a two-part co-op game that pulled in the campaign and custom character rules. The only thing I completely customized was the scenario end rules (which, because I didn't really test, I had to fudge with a little like a Gamemaster in an RPG), other than that we played the full proof rules that Mantic provided and it worked very well.

I have the reports of those adventures on my blog here:

Walking Dead comes to Grand Lake, Part 1

Walking Dead comes to Grand Lake, Part 2

My favorite aspects of the system are the custom character generation, the co-op play, and the campaign rules which detail how to handle the possible death or bitten characters and how character gain "experience" and improve stats or abilities.

It's all very sandbox-y.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.