$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
80 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Target] B2G1 Free on all Boardgames (and video games) 10/30-11/5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title pretty much says it all.

http://www.thecouponingcouple.com/target-ad-scan-for-10-30-t...
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, crap, not again. I have too many games coming as it is.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Southgate
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actively dislike Target sales. All the stress of trying to get a price match to work (which never does!) while watching everybody else get one without any problems, gives me an ulcer cry

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gassyjoe wrote:
I actively dislike Target sales. All the stress of trying to get a price match to work (which never does!) while watching everybody else get one without any problems, gives me an ulcer cry


It often seems that every CS call takes at least an hour and creates unmeasureable stress.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Batenhorst
United States
Kearney
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Raised in the Land of the Huskers!
badge
Number One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad Thoughts wrote:
gassyjoe wrote:
I actively dislike Target sales. All the stress of trying to get a price match to work (which never does!) while watching everybody else get one without any problems, gives me an ulcer cry


It often seems that every CS call takes at least an hour and creates unmeasureable stress.

Best case scenario, Amazon matches the sales and you get a way better deal.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
Southgate
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budah02 wrote:
Bad Thoughts wrote:
gassyjoe wrote:
I actively dislike Target sales. All the stress of trying to get a price match to work (which never does!) while watching everybody else get one without any problems, gives me an ulcer cry


It often seems that every CS call takes at least an hour and creates unmeasureable stress.

Best case scenario, Amazon matches the sales and you get a way better deal.


Most likely Amazon will just raise their prices to match Targets...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Budah02 wrote:
Bad Thoughts wrote:
gassyjoe wrote:
I actively dislike Target sales. All the stress of trying to get a price match to work (which never does!) while watching everybody else get one without any problems, gives me an ulcer cry


It often seems that every CS call takes at least an hour and creates unmeasureable stress.

Best case scenario, Amazon matches the sales and you get a way better deal.

I don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but soon Amazon and Target will slip back into that all out sales war, and more than a few of us will likely wished we waited four weeks before buying games X, Y and Z. And we will still likely deal with the stress of price matching.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Priyo N
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Will this be combined with the buy $50 get $10 off?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
PrWNed wrote:
Will this be combined with the buy $50 get $10 off?


If you could do that, along with the recent GroupOn deal ($10 for a $20 GC), the Buy 2 Get 1 deal would actually be pretty solid...pretty much a B2G1 along with 20 bucks off.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
PrWNed wrote:
Will this be combined with the buy $50 get $10 off?


If you could do that, along with the recent GroupOn deal ($10 for a $20 GC), the Buy 2 Get 1 deal would actually be pretty solid...pretty much a B2G1 along with 20 bucks off.


Don't think so. Pretty sure the money off promo is only for this week.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budah02 wrote:
Best case scenario, Amazon matches the sales and you get a way better deal.


This. Target's prices on boardgames aren't usually very good (though they once were), but almost every time they've had one of these sales, Amazon has matched it (and their prices are good). That was definitely the big boost from the last Target sale for me last time.

So this might be great. It also might not. Either way, the brave souls that put in the effort to price match should be happy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a mailer yesterday with a straight-up $10 off a Target purchase. Combining it with this and the Groupon should work out nicely.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get your flu shot at the in-store CVS and get a $5 Target gift card, to boot.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William H. Bonney
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go again.. Last time they ran this deal it nearly caused a disaster trying to get the price matches and discounts squared away. wow
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hostetler
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got $5 off a $25 purchase today. Combine that with the Groupon $10 for $20, it's beginning to be a pretty hot deal...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Courtwright
United States
Newport
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you combine video games and board games. I could buy some vidya for my kids and get a free board game for myself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Teague
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
I have no idea how this sale works but I will be in the US during the beginning of November. Does this mean I have any way to profit from the sale ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jujulautre wrote:
I have no idea how this sale works but I will be in the US during the beginning of November. Does this mean I have any way to profit from the sale ?


Sure. . .just walk into Target and buy some stuff. Just check the components before you leave the country!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jujulautre wrote:
I have no idea how this sale works but I will be in the US during the beginning of November. Does this mean I have any way to profit from the sale ?


All depends on how you define proft: For example, let's say you grab Zombicide Black Plague -it's about $60 on Amazon, $80 on CSI and MM, or $100 @Target.

The deal, assuming you get three similarly priced games, is basically like getting 33% off your purchase of three games. But if the base price is already 40% lower on a regular basis elsewhere... Is it really a good deal?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaid
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I find this deal to be fantastic for videogames. Especially with PSVR games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
msg tools
Question.. I had just bought two copies of Civ 6 there today... will they honor the deal if I go in with a receipt on Sunday? What would be the best course of action?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pokerdealerohio wrote:
Question.. I had just bought two copies of Civ 6 there today... will they honor the deal if I go in with a receipt on Sunday? What would be the best course of action?


go return them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Pokerdealerohio wrote:
Question.. I had just bought two copies of Civ 6 there today... will they honor the deal if I go in with a receipt on Sunday? What would be the best course of action?


go return them.

Can't return them if they're open. There shouldn't be any need to though. Target's price match policy matches up to 14 days in the future so he should be able to get the current price.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
Pokerdealerohio wrote:
Question.. I had just bought two copies of Civ 6 there today... will they honor the deal if I go in with a receipt on Sunday? What would be the best course of action?


go return them.

Can't return them if they're open. There shouldn't be any need to though. Target's price match policy matches up to 14 days in the future so he should be able to get the current price.


Do you have to actually buy three to get the price?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.