Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a three player game in which we used the Outpost final scoring tile. The Yetis had the most connected edge structures with five and received 18 points. The Giants had 3 edge structures and received 12 points. The Dragonlords finished with zero edge structures. Do they get the 6 points for third place or would they have to have at least one edge structure to qualify?

So do they get zero points or six points? The final scores were close enough that it made a difference between a second place finish and third place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cru Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game in front of me, but I believe you get 0 points. I know you get 0 points on the cult tracks if your marker is still on 0. I would assume this goes for the majority bonuses as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike the cult scoring, the rulebook of Terra Mystica: Fire & Ice doesn't mention a minimum number of outposts, so 0 seems to be a valid number.

I don't know if this matter has been already addressed in the FAQ, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see a way for any faction to get below 1 outpost, it implies having zero structures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1869 wrote:
I can't see a way for any faction to get below 1 outpost, it implies having zero structures.

"Outposts", not "dwellings".
The OP is talking about the scoring tile in F&I that counts structures on the edge of the map (an outpost is any structure built on the edge of the map).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like SA/SH distance without either SA or SH being built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1869 wrote:
It's like SA/SH distance without either SA or SH being built.

I don't agree, at least not from a mathematical point of view.
* If SA or SH is not built, there's no thing as a "distance between them" (not even a 0-distance).
* If no outpost has been built, then the number of outposts is 0, and rules-as-written that scoring tile counts the number outposts and does not provide an exception for players with 0 outposts.

Of course, the rules-as-intended may be different and include that exception (as they did for the rank 0 on the cult tracks of the base game's rulebook). But if that's the case then we are missing a piece of information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
Actually, the FAQ has an entry on this: *click*

FAQ wrote:
Can I score points for a Final Scoring tile even though I score zero for the requirement (such as having zero Structures on border spaces for the tile "Outposts")?

No, you need at least one in order to score points. (source)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:

FAQ wrote:
Can I score points for a Final Scoring tile even though I score zero for the requirement (such as having zero Structures on border spaces for the tile "Outposts")?

Thank you very much! So it was rules-as-intended, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:

FAQ wrote:

Interesting. I assumed that zero edge structures could be scored because other tile scoring rules wrote exception rules for players that did not build/qualify for scoring. There is no exception written for the outposts tile that other tile scoring rules and cult scoring rules mention. Looks like I scored it incorrectly. Thanks for the link and to everyone that responded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.