tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This topic has already been exhausted on another thread mate.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654436/will-sleeved-cards-...

Forum search is your friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Q
msg tools
I got my copy yesterday and tried.

With Fantasy Flight standard sized clear sleeves the sleeved cards are just too large (high) to fit in the existing slots.

You could stuff the cards in but it bends the top of the sleeve and I'm not sure how much damage the sleeve would take doing that. I wouldn't recommend it.

The empty card slot is big enough but nowhere enough alone to hold all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Keller
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I just got my copy yesterday and went to sleeve everything. I came up with a solution that works for me, so I thought I'd share if anybody else would like to know.

Before we go further, let me say that this requires opening up the "Do not open" box. So, you can just open it anyways, or wait until you get that far in the campaign. Your choice. I personally found it to not be that surprising given that the box has a window in it already.

The small box in the corner contains.... stuff . If you are okay with it, take the "stuff" out of this box and store the empty box in a closet or wherever you'd like. The cards within the box can be sleeved and put into one of the bottom insert trays where cards normally go. Then, take the other thing in the box, and put it back in the corner where the box was. Part of it can go into the neighboring card slot in the insert tray. Which part you ask? You know, the part you can see through the window of that "do not open" box?

This now leaves us room for a nice large deck box! All of the program and damage cards can be sleeved and put into a deck box or a few of them, and easily fit into this space. I used a larger ultrapro deck box that holds all of these cards nicely.

The only thing this does not account for is any cards found inside the mission envelopes. But, there is still room in the bottom insert tray for sleeved cards so I am not worried. I will keep the "do not open" box stored away, just to have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
quilleashm wrote:
With Fantasy Flight standard sized clear sleeves the sleeved cards are just too large (high) to fit in the existing slots.

You could stuff the cards in but it bends the top of the sleeve and I'm not sure how much damage the sleeve would take doing that. I wouldn't recommend it.

I sleeved up mine with Dragon Shields and looks like these sleeves are just enough smaller that the edges of the sleeves don't pinch the edges of the slots.

Quote:
The empty card slot is big enough but nowhere enough alone to hold all the cards.

Agreed. I've gone through Mission 2 and have already unsealed the "secret box" to stuff the schematics cards in there. Right now you can get all the damage and command cards in the 3 slots that are in the bottom tray, but each of them is already a bit taller than the trays really like.

According to the other thread the GameTrayz people are looking into a possible solution for sleeved cards.

EDIT: looking at the inserts more closely, I believe there's a decent amount of space on top of Gear Tracker board under the second insert. You could probably put some cards there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CowStriker wrote:

Pet peeve: ALL comments like this. Do you know how I found this thread? Forum search! It was the first result. Anytime I google a topic or use BGG's terrible search function, inevitably the first thread I can find has some "helpful" person telling the OP that they should have just used the search function instead of posting this thread.

And inevitably, now there's information in this thread. And information in the other thread. How about instead of snarky comments about forum search, you just contribute to the conversation or move on?

On the topic of card sleeves, I have presently tried bagging the tray of just minions to add extra room at the bottom tray for storage. But I'm not completely happy with this solution yet because lid doesn't close 100% on one side. Maybe removing the boss box or using it for storage is the answer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved the control cards with Mayday premium sleeves and they fit back into the box well when considering the height and width. The issue comes from the thickness; once all the cards are sleeved the stack doubles in thickness and half of the command cards are now in the space to designated for the schematics. This isn't a massive issue as I haven't sleeved them or the damage cards and they are currently cohabiting in the damage slot.

As a general note: I tend to avoid Fantasy Flight sleeves for non Fantasy Flight games as they are far too tall and usually don't fit back in boxes that are deigned for sleeved cards. Also, I feel that the baggy fit looks messy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:
CowStriker wrote:

Pet peeve: ALL comments like this. Do you know how I found this thread? Forum search! It was the first result. Anytime I google a topic or use BGG's terrible search function, inevitably the first thread I can find has some "helpful" person telling the OP that they should have just used the search function instead of posting this thread.

And inevitably, now there's information in this thread. And information in the other thread. How about instead of snarky comments about forum search, you just contribute to the conversation or move on?

On the topic of card sleeves, I have presently tried bagging the tray of just minions to add extra room at the bottom tray for storage. But I'm not completely happy with this solution yet because lid doesn't close 100% on one side. Maybe removing the boss box or using it for storage is the answer...

...that's a pretty passive aggressive way of saying thanks for providing a link to a thread that answers your question.

If the search function is so terrible, how was I able to find it? It works fine, you just need to stop letting everyone know your pet peeves and enjoy life

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.