5 Posts

Flamme Rouge» Forums » General

Subject: Flamme Rouge or Snow Tails? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Brough
Australia
flag msg tools
I am torn between getting this or snow tails. Besides Snow Tails allowing a 5th player, is the feel the same? Hope someone is out there who has played both...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the feel is different.
Well, of course bot are racing games (even both in the strict sense of the term), so they belong to the same game genre and both have the race feeling.
Yet apart from that, they feel different. Flamme Rouge is all about interaction, playing simultaneously and trying to guess what others will do. In the end game also judging what other will be able to do.
Snow Tails is more about steering your sled, about managing speed and drift to get around the corners and obstacles. And around other players of course. Flamme Rouge is more simple here, with no steering needed. FR is also quicker becaues of simultaneous play and feels lighter, while Snow Tails need more careful planning and feel a little more brainy/mathy.
That said, I think both games are good and it depends on your taste, which y<ou'll like better. Regarding snow tails, I prefer Mush Mush Snow Tails 2, which might be hard to get, though. It is a tad lighter and quicker and streamlined with some nice extra elements and small improvements compared the original version (though some prefer the more mathy and brain-challenging original).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with actaion. While Snow tails is a constant battle, Flamme Rouge includes different cooperation aspects. For instance, you may freely discuss what cards you are preparing to pull each other along to catch a leader. It has a much stronger social element. I really like both games, but they definitely feel different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What they said.

Flamme Rouge feels more exciting to me - and most importantly, it feels faster (important for a race game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Brough
Australia
flag msg tools
great thanks for that breakdown. I will definitely go for Flamme Rouge. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.