Subject: Some rule clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars H
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules I am not (a 100%) sure about the following topics:

1) Must I take the chosen action / bonus action oder can I spare it? For example: In the rules it is said that you can move your explorer with up to three crates after taking a red, blue or yellow six-sided die (d6). But can I also choose to not move my explorer at all althougth I have taken the d6?

2) About taking the red d8: First I move my red captain with up to three crates (normal action). Then I am allowed to move a bonus explorer and / or a crate "with the captain". In my understanding the quoted passage means that the bonus explorer has to accompany my captain, i. e. the bonus explorer has to start and end his move in the same zone as the captain, right?
If this is not possible because the captain is alone when he starts his movement (in the normal action), what is the consequence?
(a) The red d8 must not be chosen because the bonus action cannot be taken or
(b) The red d8 can be chosen and only the normal action is taken. The bonus action cannot and does not have to be taken.

3) About the scoring rule concerning the camps: As every player starts with a base camp and three further camps next to his team card, you can gain 1 Prestige by placing one camp during the game and 2 Prestige by placing all of your three camps, right?

4) If you place a camp (after taking a grey d8) the exposure result hits the explorer(s) in the zone where the camp was put, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Zyl
South Africa
cape town
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) You can move up to three crates with the Explorer. You cannot move crates without the Explorer. You cannot take an Explorer move action and not move the Explorer, though the bonus explorer action (red d8) is optional. You cannot take bonus action and ignore the basic action.

2.) correct, the extra explorer moves from the same zone as the captain to the same zone.

b.) the bonus action is optional. You can take the red d8 and only use the basic action. The same applies for the bonus scientist and sailor action.

3.) correct

4.) correct. all exposure is applied to the zone where the action ends. in the case of move, the exposure is applied to the zone where the explorer moves to. in the case of hunting and tents, the exposure is applied to the zone where the food or tent is placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars H
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Rob, for the quick and clear answers - and this very good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve steve
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
rob_vz wrote:
1.) You can move up to three crates with the Explorer. You cannot move crates without the Explorer. You cannot take an Explorer move action and not move the Explorer, though the bonus explorer action (red d8) is optional. You cannot take bonus action and ignore the basic action.

2.) correct, the extra explorer moves from the same zone as the captain to the same zone.

b.) the bonus action is optional. You can take the red d8 and only use the basic action. The same applies for the bonus scientist and sailor action.

3.) correct

4.) correct. all exposure is applied to the zone where the action ends. in the case of move, the exposure is applied to the zone where the explorer moves to. in the case of hunting and tents, the exposure is applied to the zone where the food or tent is placed.

A) Optional because you cannot do it? or truly optional in that you choose to not do it?

B) on any dice d6 or d8, can I choose to take less than the number of crates specified?

By the way I'm the worst captain ever! The South Pole is littered with sailors who "sacrificed" themselves for me :-)
Love the game, real good feel of dragging crates in harsh conditions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Zyl
South Africa
cape town
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kingsteveape wrote:
rob_vz wrote:

3.) correct

A) Optional because you cannot do it? or truly optional in that you choose to not do it?

B) on any dice d6 or d8, can I choose to take less than the number of crates specified?

By the way I'm the worst captain ever! The South Pole is littered with sailors who "sacrificed" themselves for me :-)
Love the game, real good feel of dragging crates in harsh conditions

A. If you choose the Red d8, you may move the Captain, but choose not to move an extra Explorer. ( ie. the bonus action is optional when you choose any d8)
B. Yes, you can move 0,1,2 or 3 crates.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the harsh winter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.