Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Salas
Spain
Las Matas
Madrid
flag msg tools
Greetings fellow survivors.

I'm currently working on a 3D printed version of Sam's (whquest) work, and I'd like to share it in case anyone else is interested and/or willing to participate.

All minis fit in the design so that it can be moved around and they don't fall off (even upside down). For the cards I'm using a rubber band attached diagonally.

HEROES.

I started the project by tackling the hero’s box. It includes all heroes, character cards, pegs (under the cards) and bases.

ZOMBIES (Level 1).

This level includes all walkers, runners, fatties and the 4 non-hero necromancers. Each type of miniatures has its own separate piece. It also includes all game cards (zombies, starter items, artifacts and search cards) in a removable card tray.

ZOMBIES (Level 2).

This level includes all N.P.C.s and wolfz plus the dice tower (with the dice and dice bag inside). I'm not especially happy with the wolfz tray, they are a pain to manipulate and put back in, but I've tried different solutions and I can't come up with nothing better.

TOKENS

Designed to go inside/substitute the little card board "box" that came with the box along the tiles. It holds all the different tokens and subdivides each type (separating necro spawns from objective spawns and regular spawns, for example).

TO BE DONE:
The abominations box: I don't know how start with this... the box is too small to put all the aboms standing and I've yet to come with a good design that can be printed and accommodates the big abominations (Rat and troll specifically).

Player Trays: Thinking on putting them underneath the heroes in the wulfsburg box... but that leaves a lot of empty space and raises the cover (personal OCD)... But I don't have a better alternative really.

CREDITS:
Sam Bedingfield
United Kingdom
Norwich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Original design.

Magu: Parametric Card Tray

Edit (22/10): Added level 1 and 2 mockups. Coming up next: The token tray.

Edit (24/10): Added token tray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Franco
Spain
flag msg tools
Great!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Would you share the .stl files when you're done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Salas
Spain
Las Matas
Madrid
flag msg tools
IdleHacker wrote:
Awesome! Would you share the .stl files when you're done?

Of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't paint so I`m not that delicate with the mini, but the token, character, cards and so on holder are GREAT!
would hole on making my foamcore and see if this would solve my issue.. (and it gives me time to work on project elite foamcore, that one is being a headache lol)

thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hail!
badge
Hail!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the token tray designed to hold the plastic tokens?

Looks awesome! I'd love the stls as well. Just got my TAZ up and running and need projects to print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Prospect Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want this for Shadows of Brimstone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Salas
Spain
Las Matas
Madrid
flag msg tools
wystan wrote:
I want this for Shadows of Brimstone

Next step of the project is to make a parametric version of the files (at least the miniature trays). Though right now any 25mm miniature fits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Salas
Spain
Las Matas
Madrid
flag msg tools
Uploaded the customizable version to thingiverse.
Enjoy!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
This is awesome . Will your tray hold the plastic tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Salas
Spain
Las Matas
Madrid
flag msg tools
Gamgan wrote:
This is awesome . Will your tray hold the plastic tokens?

If they have the same size they should fit, but I don't have access to the plastic tokens, so I can't confirm.

I'll upload the STL to the files section in case anyone wants to try.

Edit: Upload approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome man, thanks! planning to find a way to do get the 3D prints for the characters cards, token, pegs and bases (everything but the mini related stuff, I just put them all in a bucket lol)

Question:
1. where does the big bases go? e.g. the one from Klom (maybe he wasn't Knight pledge??? )
2. how you keep the pegs below the card? it seems that the design include "corners" but no full walls, so you keep them in baggies?

For anyone in USA: that might known, I don't own a 3D printer, nor access to one. anyone know where I can order / get this in USA?.. I assume I just need to take the file on a usb or send it by email or some way.

thanks!

and again @Miguel this is awesome: TAHNKS for sharing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Salas
Spain
Las Matas
Madrid
flag msg tools
chang_1910 wrote:
1. where does the big bases go? e.g. the one from Klom (maybe he wasn't Knight pledge??? )

Since I only have one big character (Klom) I decided to store him with his base attached (you can barely see him on the bottom right corner of the heroes photo).

chang_1910 wrote:
2. how you keep the pegs below the card? it seems that the design include "corners" but no full walls, so you keep them in baggies?

I keep them all in one small zip bag. I have a semi-closed box design as well if you want, but after a couple of versions I decided to put them inside a bag because it was way easier to manipulate (Just remove character cards and pick the bag, no need to search or scratch inside the small box to get that las resisting peg of one color).

Regards,
Miguel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Collins
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option for the pegs, which I saw in a video, is to get a 1-week, two per day pill box. The one I got was big enough for the bases as well as the pegs in each slot, and with 14 days you have two extra sections, one of which I put the extra sliders into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.