$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Variants

Subject: Two Humans & One Automa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allegro Tempo
msg tools
Has anyone tried adding Automa to a 2 or 3 human game to fill out the board? What rule adjustments did you use? We often play with the two of us but are thinking adding Automa might make resources more scarce and more fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helena Hovancova
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, I was thinking to play 2-player game with 2 automas, one per each player [using one common deck of cards, 2 pawns on automa star tracker]. Move / attack will be always oriented to 1 player only. But have not tried it yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
altempo wrote:
Has anyone tried adding Automa to a 2 or 3 human game to fill out the board? What rule adjustments did you use? We often play with the two of us but are thinking adding Automa might make resources more scarce and more fun.


I have created rules for playing with any combination of humans and Automas: Playing Scythe with any combination of humans and Automas – semi-official variant

They're provided as is, since they were made after the playtesting process had ended and therefore aren't in the rulebook, but so far I've heard good things from those who have tried them.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Two Humans & One Automa walk into a bar, .....
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Two Humans & One Automa walk into a bar, .....


Hopefully the Automa cards are sleeved or the Automa would be killed by having a beer .
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew kirby
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added an automa player to a two player game. I didn't know there were special rules, I just alternated player - automa - player, and then followed the rules in the automa rule book. Worked out great, added a nice focal point for our military aggression, while providing a lively opponent. I really enjoyed having it in the game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Lowden025 wrote:
Two Humans & One Automa walk into a bar, .....


Hopefully the Automa cards are sleeved or the Automa would be killed by having a beer .

Well, this thread took an unexpected and very entertaining turn. laugh

"and the Automa says, hey bartender..."


I have Morten's variant rules queued up, but haven not had the opportunity to try them out yet. Maybe this weekend.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will try tonight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Two Humans & One Automa walk into a bar, .....


Of the three of them, two are wearing t-shirts, the other a sweatshirt. The bartender looks at the one in the sweatshirt, says "It's an honor to serve an automa. What'll you have? It's on the house."

The automa replies, "How did you know I was the automa?"

"Easy," replies the bartender. "You're the one in sleeves."

He then threw me out of the bar due to the quality of my jokes.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew kirby
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a very good joke. I don't blame them for throwing you out of the bar.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Lowden025 wrote:
Two Humans & One Automa walk into a bar, .....


Hopefully the Automa cards are sleeved or the Automa would be killed by having a beer .

Well, this thread took an unexpected and very entertaining turn. laugh

"and the Automa says, hey bartender..."


keep the booze coming, I'll drink till I hit the deck.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
altempo wrote:
Has anyone tried adding Automa to a 2 or 3 human game to fill out the board? What rule adjustments did you use? We often play with the two of us but are thinking adding Automa might make resources more scarce and more fun.


I have created rules for playing with any combination of humans and Automas: Playing Scythe with any combination of humans and Automas – semi-official variant

They're provided as is, since they were made after the playtesting process had ended and therefore aren't in the rulebook, but so far I've heard good things from those who have tried them.

Neat. I never thought I would have a use for the automa cards.. I wish such a variant would have made it in the official rulebooks!!!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does the Automa keep its armies?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In its Sleevees...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.