Hide
4 Posts

Death Ride Kursk: Totenkopf» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on fire combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hershey
msg tools
Fire Combat: May the defender be fired at multiple times during operations phase? (e.g., one group of infantry fires at a unit and gets no result; so another group of infantry fires at the same unit; and then an artillery fires at the same unit again -- all in the same operations phase. (It is clear that the attacker can only fire once with each weapon, but I am not sure if the defender may be fired at multiple times).

(BTW: what a game and what a system! - I highly recommend this game system to any players who want to have the sense of combat operations! I have been hooked!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hanabanana wrote:
Fire Combat: May the defender be fired at multiple times during operations phase? (e.g., one group of infantry fires at a unit and gets no result; so another group of infantry fires at the same unit; and then an artillery fires at the same unit again -- all in the same operations phase. (It is clear that the attacker can only fire once with each weapon, but I am not sure if the defender may be fired at multiple times).

(BTW: what a game and what a system! - I highly recommend this game system to any players who want to have the sense of combat operations! I have been hooked!)

I enjoyed it too, but trying to line up all of the maps that don't quite match up got to be a bit too irritating to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Fasulo
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

The short answer is YES. The defender can be a target numerous times during the same Operations Phase. There are some limits to the group of units firing at the same time (12.3.1.10 Special for Fire; seventh bullet).

Regards,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hershey
msg tools
Thank you - I failed to remember (or read carefully) the last bullet - the rules are excellent, if was my own oversight. I will try to be more careful prior to my questions.

I will say: After having trying to cross a river with mines and wire by the enemy (as you have designed a wonderful game to capture the problems of combat) - I fully comprehend the challenges of river crossings!!!!! I thought it would be a breeze with the differences in the number of units - ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.