Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find anything.

Do you get the resource bonus for special tile placements? For instance, Mining Rights, "Place this tile on an area with a steel or titanium placement bonus. Increase that production 1 step.".
Would you also take the bonus? I'm assuming not but the rules infer you get them for whatever tiles you place (as well as the 2 credit bonus for being next to an Ocean) so maybe you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KillerBotK wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find anything.

Do you get the resource bonus for special tile placements? For instance, Mining Rights, "Place this tile on an area with a steel or titanium placement bonus. Increase that production 1 step.".
Would you also take the bonus? I'm assuming not but the rules infer you get them for whatever tiles you place (as well as the 2 credit bonus for being next to an Ocean) so maybe you do?

The rules seem clear to me from the second paragraph on page 5 "When you place the tile, you receive the placement bonus printed on that area (if any)." That page goes on to list all types of tile including "Special Tiles". So on that basis you do get the placement bonus.

You say that you assume you don't get it, what is it that makes you assume this? I see nothing anywhere to support that assumption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you do, such as:

* +2 MC for each ocean adjacent to your placed tile
* +[whatever icons are on the space]
* important! Special tiles are owned - check the side opposite the large icon and there is a space to place your cube. This matters when placing greenery or claiming the Award for most owned tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave.

I have no idea why I assumed which is why I asked on here. After a half hour or so of playing I questioned it (I was playing solo) but didn't want to change the rules so thought I'd ask on here to be sure.

The fact I couldn't find any questions about it made me assume I'd assumed incorrectly. But thus is the nature of assumptions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
Yes, you do, such as:

* +2 MC for each ocean adjacent to your placed tile
* +[whatever icons are on the space]
* important! Special tiles are owned - check the side opposite the large icon and there is a space to place your cube. This matters when placing greenery or claiming the Award for most owned tiles.

Thanks Zach, I didn't take ownership of them at first as didn't think to flip them around but as I was playing solo it didn't matter when I realised a short while later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.