designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a physical box.

Quote:
Here are some additional pictures of the proof copy we received from the manufacturer.

Of course, some people are already piling on in the comments. I am just watching and waiting at this point. I would probably do the same thing if I were them -- get this out and get it done, damn the comments. They realize this is not going to be a Kingdom Death Monster hit, so they just want to get the game out there and be done with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The sense of entitlement Kickstarter has stoked in some people drives me to despair. I'm not even reading any comments anymore, they're usually more worthless than YouTube's.

e: in this case I could not resist. One day I will build that device that tasers me when I read comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
The sense of entitlement Kickstarter has stoked in some people drives me to despair. I'm not even reading any comments anymore, they're usually more worthless than YouTube's.

e: in this case I could not resist. One day I will build that device that tasers me when I read comments.

yeah how dare people expect a product they paid money for

or information on why it's taking years longer than it should have
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
At this point I put this in the we're lucky to be getting anything category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
gschmidl wrote:

one of the very few time I agree with Magic Pink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
gschmidl wrote:

I think "entitlement" may be the wrong word, but when it comes to KS projects that didn't pan out, these guys are way ahead of the game. Most projects that run into this much trouble simply give up.

Late and less isn't great, but it's still better than never and nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

I paid for it as well and I am also waiting on it. Progress updates are a good thing, yes.

But.

The person mentioned in the comments is repeatedly shitting on the looks of the game, the white rulebook front page, and so on, which helps nobody.

That's what I'm talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Aaron.
So glad we're getting something. Plus, I think it looks great!
Although, I am dismayed that within the couple pages they show here, there are several grammatical and spelling errors. Hopefully, the game is playable, and fun would be nice too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

I paid for it as well and I am also waiting on it. Progress updates are a good thing, yes.

But.

The person mentioned in the comments is repeatedly shitting on the looks of the game, the white rulebook front page, and so on, which helps nobody.

That's what I'm talking about.

To be fair, the game does look like ass. But everyone who has been following the KS should know by now that the money is basically gone and last I had heard there's barely anyone left working on the game. It may look awful, but I'm shocked that it may actually see the light of day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess there was a physical box, but only one. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
I guess there was a physical box, but only one. . .

That was said to be a proof copy, which does typically does mean only one or two exist.

More strange though was the update after that one which shows what appear to be large stacks of printed cards. Based on those pictures I would think everything is printed and sitting... somewhere by now. Maybe the factory never received final payment so they never released anything. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.