Hide
4 Posts

Letters from Whitechapel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing the White tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter F
msg tools
If the Police moved the woman the nicht before to an space next to One starting place. Is Jack allowed to place a woman on this space again even though the woman killed the night before came from the Same space?
And: is it this way possible to have 2-3 murders from the same starting place and even 2 or more crime scenes at the same number?
Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
headput1 wrote:
If the Police moved the woman the nicht before to an space next to One starting place. Is Jack allowed to place a woman on this space again even though the woman killed the night before came from the Same space?
And: is it this way possible to have 2-3 murders from the same starting place and even 2 or more crime scenes at the same number?
Thx

It is possible for Jack to kill multiple victims who all originated on the same starting space on multiple nights, but the actual murder must take place on a unique space.
Also, when Wretched are moved by the police, they cannot enter a space that has a Crime Scene marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember you cannot move a Wretched through any Policemen, nor may you end a Wretched's movement adjacent to a space of a policeman. If no move is possible, then the Wretched may not move at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, this was a case where I tried to guess the designer's intent. I thought that each murder had to reduce the number of Wretched starting spaces, so we ruled that the originating space was the crime scene even though the murder happened elsewhere. This kept the number of possible spaces equal to the number of tokens Jack places.

But it looks like from this that if Jack waits a turn each night, he can essentially keep all eight spots open.

By a literal reading of the rules, it seemed to be the case, but I just had a feeling that the idea was to permanently close off one location for each victim. I should've gone literal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.