Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, as I say in the subject line: why is this rule included?
What does it try to simulate?
Why can/will guards not attack if their own attack approach is obstructed?

Just curious and always eager to learn.

Edit: what puzzles me especially is why there's this exception that it's all about the attack approach when guards attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Silverman
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Rachel answered it somewhere in this here forums, but my recollection is:

The entire reason Guard Attacks were more effective is because they were showy, flashy, made the enemy (if morale and strength was already low) cower, rout easier, etc. So, in order to actually make the Guard Attack work, you need them to see you get into formation, wave your flags, blare your trumpets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Aha, I see!

(It's easier to play the game if all the rules fall into place with what I know about the real battles)

Thanks Dan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
Pokke wrote:
Aha, I see!

(It's easier to play the game if all the rules fall into place with what I know about the real battles)

Thanks Dan.

I agree, I was reading the rules yesterday (still making the big decision as to whether I should purchase...) and I actually found them easier to understand than I expected (based on threads I have seen on here). While there are a fair number of rules, all of them, in themselves, seem to make intuitive sense based on how the unit would act. While I haven't been able to mentally string all the rules together in a cohesive way yet, thinking about real battles helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Mosaic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silvergoose wrote:
I believe Rachel answered it somewhere in this here forums...

See here: Re: Few newbie questions
... and here: Re: Effects of obstructed approach?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.