10 Posts

Linko!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is the number of cards in a player's stack open information? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joonas
Finland
flag msg tools
I assume the number of players' hand cards is always open information. How about the size of stacks? Or just my own stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules illustrate players' stacks with all cards in them being visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zune wrote:
I assume the number of players' hand cards is always open information. How about the size of stacks? Or just my own stack?

The number of cards in the your last played set is open information. How many other sets you have beneath it isn't until the sets on top of it get taken/discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
copax wrote:
zune wrote:

The number of cards in the your last played set is open information. How many other sets you have beneath it isn't until the sets on top of it get taken/discarded.
If you're going to attempt to hide your stacks beneath your last played stack, you need to come up with a good way of distinguishing each set. There have been times I have had two sets of different sizes that have the same number in them. I stagger and fan my sets out so it's obvious what cards belong to what stacks.

Really the game is so light, that this information isn't really that big of a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim S
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
copax wrote:
zune wrote:

I have to disagree with the second part. From the rulebook:
"If the player already has cards in their stack, new cards are laid
on top, overlapping the ones already lying on the table."

It also shows this in the diagram:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the information is openly played on the table, I would absolutely forbid trying to hide it. It's public information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
Right, we play like the diagram shows. Makes sense that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we play as above. Well, maybe more hapahazaed, but with stacked/overlapping sets. I don't think it should be allowed for a player to reach over an count another player's stack.

( We also try to put Xes in the middle of hands 3 or larger in set-size.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joonas
Finland
flag msg tools
Thanks for the answers! Open information is good. I should have taken a better look at the illustration in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timxrb wrote:
copax wrote:
zune wrote:

I have to disagree with the second part. From the rulebook:
"If the player already has cards in their stack, new cards are laid
on top, overlapping the ones already lying on the table."

It also shows this in the diagram:

Good point. I was answering quickly from memory and forgot that the diagram showed the "splayed" like that. Thank you for correcting me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.