Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

PitchCar» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Poor Sports Rematch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mb
Pitchcar made a triumphant return to the office when I told Mark that there was, in fact, a rules variant for demolition. We went with the simple one in the rulebook - if you knock an opponent off but stay on yourself, his car gets moved to the spot where you were at the start of your turn. If both cars go off, both go back to where they started (so the position is unchanged and your shot is wasted).

Mark liked this variant a lot and he also liked teams. He recruited Kurt to be on his team and I got Jason. I set up the track and this time I used a few business cards to help level it out. After Jason's "Tin Cup" grade stubbornness last time, I didn't want there to be too many rough spots.

In all, we had three races. The first two were mostly uneventful. There were a few good spots where someone was knocked off and lost ground, but it mostly played like regular Pitchcar. Each team won once.

In the third race we took off guard rails on all the straight track, but left them on the curves. This made the demolition aspect much more pronounced in the third round and also extended things a bit longer. Finally, it came down to the fateful final lap. Kurt and I were pretty close but I had a slight edge. We had about a quarter lap to go. Mark was about one quarter lap back, and Jason was way behind him. Jason made a spectacular shot. He rounded two full curves and plowed into Mark, knocking him off the board.

Kurt and I entered the final turn, but I still had a slight edge. My shot put me very close to the edge. He lined up and almost got me but was about 6" short. Luckily I shot before him. Mark looked over the board carefully. He didn't have much chance of repeating Jason's shot and he was down most of a lap from the leaders, just a few inches behind the starting line for his third lap.

Finally, he lined up to shoot backwards. I started to complain then decided against it. He fired his shot and hit me. Kurt, who hadn't been looking, suddenly had a pained look. Sure enough, Mark stayed on the track and knocked me off. I picked up my car and placed it where he was on the track. He realized what he'd done when I fired a tiny shot and crossed the line for the win.

Then the argument started. He claimed that I was taking his place, which meant that I was starting my third lap, since that's what he'd been doing when he shot me. Jason and I laughed at him. Even his own teammate left him standing there alone in his defeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.