Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Osterman
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I found someone doing a no-ship auction and it turned out he had a copy of an older game I've been ~desperately~ looking for. He let me bid on the agreement I'd send him shipping materials so he could just toss the games in a box, slap on the preprinted label and leave it on the doorstep for UPS to pick back up. YAY!

Only I'm kinda lost in how to him the money for the game and I ~really~ don't want to bug him if this is something simple I'm just over looking. He said that he was putting the items in the Marketplace on reserve for me so I could pay for them via paypal. I went to his 'for sale' page and I can't find the games there. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for them? I've already asked him to bend his "I don't want to mess with shipping" so I really don't want to bug him with soemthing that I should be able to figure out....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your 3 bids total $35. I don't see a listing under Twixt or Hey That's My Fish, and the X-Wing listing is for $30, not the correct amount. I don't see any listings for $35.

If he makes the listing right from the auction geeklist, there's a field that will let him sent you an alert/link to the listing, to make it easier.

It doesn't look like there is a marketplace listing yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like he hasn't listed it yet. It often takes some time for someone to list everything after an auction. If I remember right, there's an option for them to have it automatically email you when they create the listing, too. I'd give him a couple more days to get the listing set up, and then if you still can't see it, then ask him about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Osterman
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Your 3 bids total $35. I don't see a listing under Twixt or Hey That's My Fish, and the X-Wing listing is for $30, not the correct amount. I don't see any listings for $35.

If he makes the listing right from the auction geeklist, there's a field that will let him sent you an alert/link to the listing, to make it easier.

It doesn't look like there is a marketplace listing yet.

Wow thanks! I was hoping it was something little and like I said I already feel like I've asked for a lot in asking him to ship at all so I didn't want to be a bother. I'm still wrapping my head around the whole trade/ sales thing we've got going here which I do want to keep using because I'm passing my "I can play this" threshold for games at home.

I'll send out the shipping mats and wait a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.