Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One quick question, the rules state that the game is ocver when your main character is killed. Padme and Leia both have cards that aid them when Anakin and Luke are killed. Does this mean that a) only Leia and Padme can play on when their team mates are killed, b) minor characters like Leia and Padme (Zam, Greedo, ect.)are more than a clone trooper or droid and the dead mains rule doesn't apply to them?

Getting ready for a marathon of the game tonight, need to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall it, the rules state some variants, in which some of them allow you to play on, even without a main character. I believe if you are four (or six) players, you can choose to team up, playing two vs two (or three vs three), in which case the entire team plays on, until all the mains are killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply but I don't think the Specials mention the abilities as being playable in only 4+ player games. It's still a question mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steen is right, if you play on your own once your main character is defeated, it´s game over for you.
But if you play as a team, as long as one main character of the team is still around all minor characters which are still alive can play on, even of defeated main characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott hagarty
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Steen and Bernd have the right of it. Check out the rulebook, at the end it describes "masterplay" and "team play". In those two situations, minor characters can sometimes still play when majors are destroyed, hence Protection and Luke's In Trouble have a clause when Anakin and Luke are dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
:shrug:

We simply allow minors to keep playing, as long as their is a realisticchance of them winning. Darth Maul's battle droids vs. Obi Wan is silly - but Padme vs. a highly damaged Boba Fett...keep plaing. Why would Padme surrender, just because Anakin had died? Just our house rule though - not "official" - just seems to make things more fair and more realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Baumbach
United States
LaPorte
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
:shrug:

We simply allow minors to keep playing, as long as their is a realisticchance of them winning.

This has been termed the Personalities Can Win rule, and is quite popular as a solution to evening out the imbalances of the game. (Feel free to substitute "sidekicks" for "personalities" - sounds a ton better.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

I'll tell you, I played Luke & Leia tonight and had a fist full of cards that were just plain worthless in the situation I was in. We were playing three, every man for himself and I had four cards in my hand that were worthless.

It's not that I cared all that much, but I just had this nagging feeling that I had missed something pretty major in the rules. I like the idea of Leia playing to the end. Frankly, the last thing Anakin's team needs is an advantage. He's already pretty powerful. Luke could use the help though.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.