United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A win on Volkares return is fairly generous with its points:

+20 for the City,
+30 for Volkare

I played on the easiest level (Daring/Fair), and won on Night 3 with a final total of 88 points (yes, I did conquer the city!) Anyone managed a win with less points?

Highlights of the game:
1) Being attacked by Volkare after my very first turn.
2) Revealing the city in a place where it was totally cut off by a string of 3 lakes, with a Summoner Dragon sitting in one of them (I had to slog to a mage tower to pick up Space Bending to get past them).
3) Barely conquering the city (at my second attempt) just as Volkare arrived outside (I was only level 4 when I arrived at the city!)
4) Letting Volkare pillage the city as I had nothing left to defend with.
5) Getting a string of lucky 'Volkare rests' turns just enough for ME to rest and draw some cards
6)Fighting Volkare in the city 3 times, each time just managing to drive him back and ending up with a hand full of wounds (and getting more lucky 'Volkare rests' turns to let me recover between each! I was even knocked out once!)

I'm *amazed* I managed a win with so many wounds in my deck. No Artifacts, 2 spells, a few advanced actions.

Fantastically fun game :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.