Subject: Scheme Setup: Spread Mediocrity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this last night and ran into a question during setup.

The general rule in our house is "if there's a rules question, the owner of the game's interpretation wins," so we were still able to play, but we were hoping for a more official answer.

According to the basic rules of the game, each player starts with six strategists, four warriors, and two mediocre heroes.

When the villain's Scheme is "Spread Mediocrity," the card says that each player starts with "seven strategists and one mediocre hero." Our question was, "Is this the complete starting deck, or should we also start with four warriors?"

The owner's interpretation was that this was our complete starting deck, and we played it that way (and it worked), but it was a surprisingly difficult game that came down to the last possible turn before we beat the Mastermind.

Edited for a bit of clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume that's not the whole deck, just a different number of those particular cards. So, yes, you would still include the warriors. Of course, there is always room for more challenging variants if they still have a chance, as you have proven.

[I misread the question and deleted my initial response.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
elucidarian wrote:
I would assume that's not the whole deck, just a different number of those particular cards. So, yes, you would still include the warriors. Of course, there is always room for more challenging variants if they still have a chance, as you have proven.

[I misread the question and deleted my initial response.]

A friend of mine checked with the designer, and you still start with the warriors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.