BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: How will Trump supporters handle the loss? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Istanbul
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way Trump wins this election, but I'm curious as to opinions on how this loss will be taken by his supporters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Mc Donald
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
How about a civil war or a race war?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-don...

Chicago Tribune wrote:
So what happens if Clinton is declared the winner? “Donald Trump is going to holler fraud if he doesn't win,” figured Miller, who is white and says he has PTSD from “racial violence” he suffered in the military. “I think we're on the verge of a civil war, a racial war. This could be the spark that sets it off.”

But I spent a couple of hours before the rally in this indoor show ring talking to many Trump supporters and found them in states of denial and fury. I didn't find one who expects Trump to lose. To varying degrees, most agreed with Trump that the election process is rigged. And some predicted ominous things if Trump loses — if not violence, a mass rejection of the legitimacy of the democratic process.

Ann Macomber, a Christian, retired teacher and Trump volunteer handing out fliers saying “Hillary Clinton is coming for your guns,” told me the voting system in Colorado has been “infiltrated”: dead people voting, voters with bogus addresses, precincts that report more votes than registered voters. “It's happening. It's sad,” Macomber said. “If we lose this election, we can't trust anything in America anymore. We're not sovereign.”

Some observers dismiss Trump's talk of a “stolen” and “rigged” election as just more rantings of a narcissist who can't accept that he is almost certain to lose. But the talk of election fraud is more nefarious than that and clearly an effort to destabilize the post-election environment.

In early August, Trump consigliere Roger Stone declared that there is “widespread voter fraud” and argued that “if there's voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate — we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience and the government will no longer be the government.” In an interview with the conservative outlet Breitbart, Stone said Trump has “gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical bloodbath.”

The candidate's reckless closing message that nothing is on the level — not Democrats, not the press, not the polls, not Republican leaders, not even the integrity of the voting process — has left many of his supporters prepared to declare the election results illegitimate.

Joseph Salmons, wearing a “Les Deplorables” T-shirt and pin, told me the election won't end anything. “The movement's starting. Even if he doesn't win, it's gonna tip,” he said.

But tip into what? “I sincerely hope people don't lose their minds,” Salmons said.

If they manage to keep their cool, it will be despite the best efforts of Trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
There is no way Trump wins this election, but I'm curious as to opinions on how this loss will be taken by his supporters?

There is NO way?
Hmmm....
I bet his supporters will take it about the same as Hillary supporters. Course the key difference being, that Trump supporters arent out burning towns down like Hillary supporters.
Black lives matter? I bet they are Hillary supporters, and much more prone to violence than Trump supporters.
ESPECIALLY given that we have on video people talking about going to Trump rallies to TRY and get someone to act violently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

I hope they'll take it gracefully.

I think, if anything happens, it'll be small, isolated incidents. This notion of a second Civil War is, beyond anything else, completely unrealistic from a purely logistical standpoint.

But, I guess we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

I think, if anything happens, it'll be small, isolated incidents. This notion of a second Civil War is, beyond anything else, completely unrealistic from a purely logistical standpoint.

But, I guess we'll see.

Trump supporters are too busy WORKING to have time to go out and cause problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Mc Donald
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
TheDashi wrote:
Trump supporters are too busy WORKING to have time to go out and cause problems.
When it's the Trump supporters claiming they are going to be the ones "causing the problems" then you might want to rethink your stance.

Oh, and 1968 called, they want their political stereotypes back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

There is NO way?
Hmmm....
I bet his supporters will take it about the same as Hillary supporters. Course the key difference being, that Trump supporters arent out burning towns down like Hillary supporters.
Black lives matter? I bet they are Hillary supporters, and much more prone to violence than Trump supporters.
ESPECIALLY given that we have on video people talking about going to Trump rallies to TRY and get someone to act violently.

You left out all those Trump supporters talking about revolution if she wins. Oh yes and the Gov of Kentucky who stated how blood would have to be shed if she won

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09...

Or his surrogate Roger Stone who talked about a bloodbath if the race was stolen

http://www.mediaite.com/online/roger-stone-says-there-will-b...

Or Pat Buchanan talking about a violent revolution if Clinton is elected

http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/yes-the-system-is-rigged/

By why let facts permeate that alt right lizard brain of your. The Donald tells you what to think and that is all you need now isnt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

But, I guess we'll see.

One of the amazing things about this country's 240 year history is that we have had a continual set of bloodless "revolutions" for all but a small 5 year stretch about halfway through. I consider that quite an achievement.

The overwhelmingly vast super-duper-majority of Trump supporters (like 99.9% or more) will take it in stride and realize that this country is bigger than the President. And surprisingly enough, only saying 99.9% in my prediction allows for about 1,000 asshole wankers to go out and do something stupid - which I still think is a rather large number, and probably too high.

But one never knows in these types of situations.

I do, however, expect a mass exodus of citizens and residents moving to Canada, Australia, or Mexico if Trump wins. Or are those just idle threats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Istanbul
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

There is NO way?
Hmmm....

Dude... you lost, fucker. Quit fantasizing about what couldabeen and try to get your life together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Istanbul
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
ohbalto wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

But, I guess we'll see.

So being in a militia is now considered a job?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

There is NO way?
Hmmm....

You left out all those Trump supporters talking about revolution if she wins. Oh yes and the Gov of Kentucky who stated how blood would have to be shed if she won

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09...

Or his surrogate Roger Stone who talked about a bloodbath if the race was stolen

http://www.mediaite.com/online/roger-stone-says-there-will-b...

Or Pat Buchanan talking about a violent revolution if Clinton is elected

http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/yes-the-system-is-rigged/

By why let facts permeate that alt right lizard brain of your. The Donald tells you what to think and that is all you need now isnt it.

Calm your panties, none of that shit is going to happen. We are NOT on the precipitous edge of civil war and the collapse of the empire because Queen Cankles is suddenly president.

If you seriously believe any of that shit, then you may need to go and find yourself a new tin-foil hat to protect yourself. People say crazy shit all the time - it's a whole lot different acting on that crazy shit. I hope you don't honestly believe that we must vote for Hillary because if we don't, "Trump will start a civil war"! If you do, then I think you will be in for a bland and uneventful awakening on January 20th.

When the new "Heller" makes it to the Supreme Court in a new case and gets overturned by Hillary's appointments, THEN we can talk about the possibility of "blood on the streets" because of armed insurrection against the government. Until then, just relax.

(If my prediction about "nothing happening" is actually false, and something serious and widespread actually does happen, I will be the first to come back here and admit I was flat out wrong. On a serious level, though, I think these are non-issues not worth fretting over.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Chicago Tribune wrote:
Some observers dismiss Trump's talk of a “stolen” and “rigged” election as just more rantings of a narcissist who can't accept that he is almost certain to lose. But the talk of election fraud is more nefarious than that and clearly an effort to destabilize the post-election environment.
I do think that Trump's talk is the rantings of a nacissist, but I also think it does create the environment mentioned later in the paragraph. I don't think he wants to destabilize, he just is protecting his fragile ego. Of course, in his tunnel vision he doesn't realize how that feeds the more extremist parts of his voters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

There is NO way?
Hmmm....

Dude... you lost, fucker. Quit fantasizing about what couldabeen and try to get your life together.

What have I lost?
Fucker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Istanbul
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

There is NO way?
Hmmm....

What have I lost?
Fucker?

Self-respect for starters.

A "leader" for seconders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

There is NO way?
Hmmm....

What have I lost?
Fucker?

Self-respect for starters.

A "leader" for seconders.

So neither Trump or Hillary would be a good leader?
You are probably right about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect most of them will whine about it on Facebook with a never ending supply of unfunny gifs for the next 8 years, with the occasional flare-up nutbag or small fringe group of nutbags waving their pasty white fat fingered hands about the injustice while carrying around some milspec'd out rifle...but mostly FB gifs of American eagles, flags, crotchety face of Hillary, and fake founding father quotes. Which I'll just block anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

There is NO way?
Hmmm....

You are about three weeks early on your comment - I would not go so far as to make this statement until, literally, the fat lady sings. Like, literally, if Hillary wins, I imagine the Inauguration party will have someone like Adele or Aretha Franklin or that pageant girl/Hillary prop that Trump called "fat" sing a song. THEN, and only then, will you be able to say "you lost, fucker".

Wait for the fat lady to sing. I know you can't keep all your excitement over the Hilldebeast as our first Queen, but keep it in your pants for a few more weeks. If Brexit taught us anything (other than Britain is full of xenophobes), it's that you NEVER count an election as "won" until ALL the votes are counted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
I can easily see a lot more Malheur Refuge type incidents happening. There will be a few clowns going for Second Amendment solutions to what they perceive as a stolen election.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump's legacy will be domestic terrorism targeting minorities and immigrants (legal or otherwise), similar to the men arrested in Kansas recently. It will likely come months to years after the loss. We'll be dealing with it for a decade or more, however, and it will get worse before it gets better.

Just like his campaign, just like the usual suspects around here, it'll target the poor, target minorities, target anyone that can be labeled as an "other."

Edited to remove some sort of double negative aberration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc Mage wrote:
Trump's legacy will be domestic terrorism targeting minorities and immigrants (legal or otherwise), similar to the men arrested in Kansas recently. It will be unlikely to be immediate. We'll be dealing with it for a decade or more, however, and it will get worse before it gets better.

Just like his campaign, just like the usual suspects around here, it'll target the poor, target minorities, target anyone that can be labeled as an "other."

Where is all this domestic terrorism?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
darthhugo wrote:

You are about three weeks early on your comment - I would not go so far as to make this statement until, literally, the fat lady sings. Like, literally, if Hillary wins, I imagine the Inauguration party will have someone like Adele or Aretha Franklin or that pageant girl/Hillary prop that Trump called "fat" sing a song. THEN, and only then, will you be able to say "you lost, fucker".

Wait for the fat lady to sing. I know you can't keep all your excitement over the Hilldebeast as our first Queen, but keep it in your pants for a few more weeks. If Brexit taught us anything (other than Britain is full of xenophobes), it's that you NEVER count an election as "won" until ALL the votes are counted.

Dude, when you see his hand moving like it is, stand back. He's not done yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:

Dude, when you see his hand moving like it is, stand back. He's not done yet.

Trump still has a trick or two left. He's got the best tricks.

Oh, you mean to win the election. Nah, he's done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Pouting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YOu "fuckers" all better be right about this being over for Trump.
Or you are going to have a hard 4 years in RSP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.