Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jiri "Sleepy"
Czech Republic
Frydek Mistek
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

I just recently bought Hyperborea and did first test ride yesterday. I managed to play to learn the rules and I found out that there are 3 advanced technology cards that I´m not able to decipher completely, or can´t find exact meaning.

1. Diplomacy: I get to take three cubes from bag. This is clear, but what about the others? Do they take cubes immeditely, or do they take them at start of their turn?

2. Declining Kingdoms: No idea at all.

3. Treachery: I remove 1 of my miniatures then all adjacent oponents remove 1 as well. My question is, do they have to remove those miniatures that are adjacent to me, or are they completely free to decide which one to remove?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JTSleep wrote:

Adjacent players take a grey cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

JTSleep wrote:
1. Diplomacy: I get to take three cubes from bag. This is clear, but what about the others? Do they take cubes immeditely, or do they take them at start of their turn?

Each player with a mini adjacent to one of your minis will draw a cube immediately.

JTSleep wrote:

Each player with a mini adjacent to one of your minis will take a grey cube into their bag.

JTSleep wrote:
3. Treachery: I remove 1 of my miniatures then all adjacent oponents remove 1 as well. My question is, do they have to remove those miniatures that are adjacent to me, or are they completely free to decide which one to remove?

They decide which free miniature to remove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiri "Sleepy"
Czech Republic
Frydek Mistek
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot, guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to read the FAQ! There's a huge rule change vis-a-vis resetting your cubes in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JTSleep wrote:

Also, the blue 'bottle' on the far bottom right is an identifier that this is one of the two possible starting advanced technologies for the blue faction. There are two of these marked "blue" and one (I think just one) for the purple faction.

It does not mean--as my group incorrectly assumed--one step up on the blue track. We were not playing the racial powers for our first game and had not even read those rules as we were eager to jump into the game to learn how it plays before adding in the racial abilities. Since all of the other icons seemed to indicate either an improvement or increase somewhere, or possibly with your 2 and 3, a decrease...

So the player who had that particular advanced technology card went up on blue...a lot. *oops!*

Great game, we've enjoyed playing it at multiple player counts, even two player, and looking forward to the expansion!

~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.