Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Planet Argo -- no control node ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hooten
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
If you look closely at Planet Argo, and compare it to other planets, you will see that Argo does not have a control node Icon.

Does this mean you are unable to place a control node on Argo? Or is this a misprint? (I'm hoping misprint, for the reason below.)

We've been house ruling it that you cannot put a control node on Argo, but have to have a ship in orbit to use the open node. This worked fine till Argo popped up with a warp capable civ. So how does one hegemonize a planet that you cannot put a control node on?

If this is not a misprint, is there a section of the rules that we've missed that covers planets without control nodes?

thanks,
Sigg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
every planet can hold a control node, its definitely a misprint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at mine and you can see a small part of the control node, which would indicate a printing error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
We noticed that too. It's clearly a printing error as part of the control node is visible, as Tim said. We've been allowing a control node to be built on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The thing to consider is that the node outline graphics are never mentioned in the rules. They are there as a visual guide of where best to place nodes, but it doesn't matter where on the disc you put anything, really. The only graphics on the discs that really mean anything significant are the tabs that tell you the number and type of resource nodes that can be built and the number that tells you the maximum number of lanes you can connect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Varney
msg tools
csouth154 wrote:
The only graphics on the discs that really mean anything significant are the tabs that tell you the number and type of resource nodes that can be built and the number that tells you the maximum number of lanes you can connect.

Yet, I still find myself pushing people's ships off the actual planets, into the space beside them. I'm sure it's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
XFRodney wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
The only graphics on the discs that really mean anything significant are the tabs that tell you the number and type of resource nodes that can be built and the number that tells you the maximum number of lanes you can connect.

Yet, I still find myself pushing people's ships off the actual planets, into the space beside them. I'm sure it's just me.
No I do that too. Bugs the CRAP out of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
LOL. Yup, I had to fight the urge to do that in the last game I played. People do that while playing Rebellion, too. I'll never understand it, but I realize I must control my alpha gamer control freak tendencies if I want to keep my gaming friends...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL. Count me in on the OCD. I suppose it goes without saying that we also insist on matching the color of resource node to the color on the specific circle for it? Someone built production and culture nodes on a system and swapped their spots. Perfectly legal, but I had to hide the twitch in my hand. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.