Subject: I just want the tracks! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in getting this game, but only to have extra tracks to use with Thunder Alley. This is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying the rest of the game's pieces from me. Maybe someone that already has Thunder Alley and/or the expansion tracks and wants a cheaper way to try out the Grand Prix rules. Or someone that wants a bunch of pieces for prototyping or whatever.

I would charge $10 plus shipping (taking the Grand Prix box would be optional, and probably cheaper if you don't want it) and would include the rules, the team sheets and all the tokens. Everything but the tracks themselves.

If you are interested in this, please post here or send me a GM.

GMT Games sells the tracks individually for $20 each plus shipping, and so it's slightly cheaper for me just to add the full game to a CSI order I'm waiting on for $45.

I am also posting this at the Thunder Alley boards.

Edit: I found a taker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought the Grand Prix tracks looked too narrow to work with Thunder Alley rules, but I am very curious to hear how your experiment goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the tracks are compatible. Keep in mind, TA has a road course already, and Jeff has specifically stated several times all the boards are cross-compatible.

Good luck on finding someone looking for parts, though I say just get the game & play it. I have both, and am happy to have them share shelf space. They play differently and each gives the feel of the race series that inspired the game (NASCAR & F1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried to photocopy the tracks from a picture here on bgg?
Wonder if the resolution is high enough to make them big enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Have you tried to photocopy the tracks from a picture here on bgg?
Wonder if the resolution is high enough to make them big enough.

I thought of that as well, but would much rather have the actual boards if given the choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.