GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,060 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: What Americans really agree on: legal pot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
It's from a fairly legit site...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/10/20/should-marijuana-be...

I have a friend in the National Guard (well, he's retired now). He doesn't think marijuana should be legalized.

He thinks it should be mandatory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should not be legalized.
I like how my idiotic neighbors get on the neighborhood facebook page and whine about the stench that permeates through the neighborhood because of the grow houses that sprang up once it was legal here.
I hope they got EXACTLY what they hoped for when they voted to legalize it here.
Idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.
I like how my idiotic neighbors get on the neighborhood facebook page and whine about the stench that permeates through the neighborhood because of the grow houses that sprang up once it was legal here.
I hope they got EXACTLY what they hoped for when they voted to legalize it here.
Idiots.

That sounds like a zoning issue rather than a drug legalization one. I assume they would have the same problem if a hog farm went up next door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.
Idiots.

That sounds like a zoning issue rather than a drug legalization one. I assume they would have the same problem if a hog farm went up next door.

Or the out of state transient problem in Denver.
People coming to Denver, and hanging out at this mall, beating up random people because they came for the pot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.
Idiots.

People coming to Denver, and hanging out at this mall, beating up random people because they came for the pot.

I'm sure there are similar issues with alcohol. Should we ban that? It didn't work out too well last time.

If pot was legal in all states, then they wouldn't all have to congregate at a Denver mall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.
Idiots.

Marijuana is on a very long list of things that I personally dislike but will always vote to be legal. I don't know why you seem to think not liking something and still wanting it to be legal makes you an idiot. To me, it makes you not a fascist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.
Idiots.

Legalizing it elsewhere would fix that problem right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I still argue that, if marijuana is legal, the legal age should be ~25 due to the increased risk of developing schizophrenia (which typically develops in your early 20's.)

I recognize that finding is somewhat contentious, but the evidence still points towards it being true.

(On a basic understanding level, it should make sense that frequent/heavy hallucinogen use may impact a disorder that causes hallucinations.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.

Why not? I imagine we have different reasons for opposing legalization, but I'm curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.

Why not? I imagine we have different reasons for opposing legalization, but I'm curious.

Iti s a drug. It is bad.
It is not like prohibition. It was not legal before, and then made illegal.
Should just leave it illegal.
Course I guess it is practically too late for that.
What is the next drug to legalize?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
(On a basic understanding level, it should make sense that frequent/heavy hallucinogen use may impact a disorder that causes hallucinations.)
I'm not sure it is considered a hallucinogen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.
Iti s a drug. It is bad.

It's always funny when the "drugs are bad" crowd never seems to have any issue with paying through the nose for big-pharma's drugs.
You know... the drugs that the US government tells you are okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.

Iti s a drug. It is bad.
It is not like prohibition. It was not legal before, and then made illegal.
Should just leave it illegal.
Course I guess it is practically too late for that.
What is the next drug to legalize?

Actually, chief, it was legal in all forms until the 1930s. Sort of like how cocaine, morphine, and heroin were legal until the early 1900s.

As for it being bad -- well, yeah, Captain Obvious. So are Big Macs, four-wheelin' and cigars. So now you want to set up a nanny state where anything that's bad for you is illegal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Back in college, I wished it was. Mostly, I just got the munchies. And really, really horny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

1. Iti s a drug. It is bad.
2. It is not like prohibition. It was not legal before, and then made illegal.
3. Should just leave it illegal.
4. Course I guess it is practically too late for that.
5. What is the next drug to legalize?
numbers added by me.

1. It is a plant with psychoactive chemicals like cigarettes in it. Do you think cigarettes should be unregulated, regulated or prohibited?
2. In fact, it was legal before it was illegal, but then again, everything was.
3. It's cheaper for society to regulate than prohibit.
4. No, the federal government still has it as illegal and they could use their traditional strong arm tactics of withholding highway money to get States to stay in line.
5. Why does there have to be? Conversely, what plant is next to criminalize? Coffee beans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Should not be legalized.
Idiots.

That's one of the reasons I want it legalized at the federal level. Stop them all swarming to Colorado.

I have no idea if, in the grand scheme of things, marijuana should be legal. But given that cigarettes and alcohol are legal, I can't seen any reason marijuana shouldn't be.

And we should sure as hell end the "war on drugs", decriminalize (if not legalize) most drugs and follow the models of other countries that have actually had success at reducing drug use and not just putting more poor people in jail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
That's one of the reasons I want it legalized at the federal level. Stop them all swarming to Colorado.
No way man, Mile High Amsterdam will always be the Mecca for the true cannabis connoisseur, less O2 means more THC per toke. Dig?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Yeah, good point, not everyone is going to think of it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
No way man, Mile High Amsterdam will always be the Mecca for the true cannabis connoisseur, less O2 means more THC per toke. Dig?

Far out, man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
I still argue that, if marijuana is legal, the legal age should be ~25 due to the increased risk of developing schizophrenia (which typically develops in your early 20's.)

I recognize that finding is somewhat contentious, but the evidence still points towards it being true.
Meh. It may increase the risk of developing schizophrenia a wee bit, but not by a significant enough margin to impose that (unenforceable) age limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Meh. It may increase the risk of developing schizophrenia a wee bit, but not by a significant enough margin to impose that (unenforceable) age limit.

Quadruple is not a small amount.

(Some other studies indicate it may only be double.)

But I wouldn't call doubling relative risk wee! As a psychologist, an effect like that would make your fucking career. (But all our shit is made up anyway. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuz polls:

Poll
Indicate your level of agreement with the following statement:
"Marijuana should be legal in the United States."
Strongly Agree
Agree
Slightly Agree
Slightly Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
      40 answers
Poll created by Terwox
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Cuz polls:

Poll
Indicate your level of agreement with the following statement:
"Marijuana should be legal in the United States."
Strongly Agree
Agree
Slightly Agree
Slightly Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree
      40 answers
Poll created by Terwox
Trump has already declared this Poll as rigged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
Terwox wrote:

There is also pretty conclusive research that shows heavy use early in life (aka teens and early 20s) literally destroys cognitive function that never is regained even once use is stopped.

Alcohol takes decades of chronic ABUSE to do the same levels of brain damage.

But hey... getting high when you are young and foolish is totally worth destroying brains for a lifetime. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Venga2 wrote:
Terwox wrote:

Quadruple is not a small amount.

(Some other studies indicate it may only be double.)

But I wouldn't call doubling relative risk wee! As a psychologist, an effect like that would make your fucking career. (But all our shit is made up anyway. )
Double or even Quadruple a very small chance is still a very small chance. But I admit, I haven't looked at the numbers. But I do know it's been semi-legal here for a LONG time now and as far as I know we do not have an above average incidence of schizophrenia. And occasional / mild recreational use is pretty much par of the course for the 16 to 28ish age group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.