Ponzi Scheme» Forums » General

Subject: 2015 vs 2016 edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojtek Makarewicz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any difference between the two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All I know is that it better have that wooden money organizer/holder. It is the most useless component I've seen in a game for a while, but I love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not have the wooden block, sorry, that was an "early purchaser" bonus or something that Homosapiens Lab did for the original version, it was not intended to be a permanent attribute as far as I'm aware.

As far as other differences go, we resized it slightly to fit in the TMG standard box size, so the industry tiles (the chevron shaped ones) are a couple of millimeters smaller (you probably wouldn't notice if they're not side-by-side).

The original leather wallet had a hole cut into it for a cardboard insert with the Ponzi Scheme logo on it, we splurged on that front and had the logo stamped directly onto the leather instead.

Also, we cleaned up the english in a couple of spots in the rulebook.

Everything else should be about the same size, and the same art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is the paper money quality? I'm really not a fan of using paper money and was hoping TMG would have upgraded to card money. I guess I can always use replacement card money that would fit in the wallet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
The original leather wallet had a hole cut into it for a cardboard insert with the Ponzi Scheme logo on it, we splurged on that front and had the logo stamped directly onto the leather instead.

It's made of real leather
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kellen Feral
United States
Los Angeles - Mar Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
One Eternal Round
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:

It's made of real leather

It's made of real leather!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The production quote actually says faux leather, so I assume that's what it is.

(though TBH if they swapped in real leather I'm not sure i'd have a good way of identifying the difference).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
The production quote actually says faux leather, so I assume that's what it is.

(though TBH if they swapped in real leather I'm not sure i'd have a good way of identifying the difference).

Faux leather is what I would have expected. It's cheaper and can be very good quality these days. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stamper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Happy to hear the wallet is (most likely) faux leather! This definitely weighs into my decision on whether to purchase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
United States
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
supersomahdremix wrote:
Happy to hear the wallet is (most likely) faux leather! This definitely weighs into my decision on whether to purchase

:barf:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
St0ckpile wrote:
supersomahdremix wrote:

:barf:

Why even post that, the OP clearly finds it important that they don't use real leather and his opinion doesn't have any effect on your life at all. Grow up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Kobe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It weighs into my decision to purchase too. Does anybody know if its definitely not real leather or is this just a maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been a deal-breaker for me on this game too. I don't see the need to make a boardgame using animal products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
FrockLobster wrote:
This has been a deal-breaker for me on this game too. I don't see the need to make a boardgame using animal products.

But... it's not leather?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
FrockLobster wrote:

But... it's not leather?

I apologize. I didn't see your other post saying it was (maybe) "faux leather."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.