15 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Xindi Orrassin is up! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Weidlich
msg tools
mbmb
http://www.startrek.com/article/introducing-the-orassin-expa...

Some nice looking cards in there, including some torpedos which might actually be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun expansion, and great cards to use with Weapon Zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Ship is interesting text. Not superb, but jf you roll no BS after taking the action, it could help.

Captain should be a passive text. As an action I can't see myself using him/it/her.

That crew may be the best non-borg janker in the game. 3SP for any upgrade and can target facedown.

I like that Pulse Firing weapon. I can make that work.

The hatchery tech upgrade is interesting. I might be able to do something with that as well. No point limit on the crew under it. C'mon Wizkids, gimme a 10SP, Xindi only crew!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There is some neat stuff here,

Thalen seems like it should be a crew member though. arrrhrobotzombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph van der Jagt
Canada
flag msg tools
The ganker can't target facedown cards.

As soon as there is a good Xindi crew Hatchery becomes amazing. As it is, there's plenty of interesting things you can do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Jdvanderjagt wrote:
The ganker can't target facedown cards.

As soon as there is a good Xindi crew Hatchery becomes amazing. As it is, there's plenty of interesting things you can do with it.

Was there a WORF ruling saying we can't target them at all? I guess I'm basing my reaction on comparing it to Superior Intellects wording.

EDIT: Yeah, found it. Facedown cards can only be affected by the card that has them facedown. Oh well. The crew is still a cheap ganker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I'm thinking that the intent on Insectoid Commander is that you take the point of damage every time you activate the "you may convert" clause, but on other cards they've used wording like "If you do so..." between the two sentences. It could be argued that you take only the single damage when you perform the Action, regardless of how many times you convert a defense die that round.

What are your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MormegilND wrote:
So I'm thinking that the intent on Insectoid Commander is that you take the point of damage every time you activate the "you may convert" clause, but on other cards they've used wording like "If you do so..." between the two sentences. It could be argued that you take only the single damage when you perform the Action, regardless of how many times you convert a defense die that round.

What are your thoughts?

You're right, that is a bit fuzzy wording. Not that Wizkids is known for fuzzy wording....

In any case, I think it could could be interpreted either way. On the one hand my instinct would be to read it like other similar cards and say you take a damage each time the ability triggered by the action is used. For example, if you used the Pulse-Firing Phaser Cannon and converted a defense die on each attack you'd take 2 damage to your ship.

On the other hand, that makes for an even squishier squishy ship when it's used- something verging on suicidal.

In any case you're right that it lacks clarifying language for that last sentence that we do typically see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely read it as giving damage when you perform the action. The damage is given its own sentence, and yeah, there's nothing to suggest that this part of the effect is dependent on (or otherwise associated with) the conditional trigger. So you'd take one damage whether you perform zero attacks or several.

Still a bad card, mind you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad this isn't a repeat of Tholia One, and now we have another unique Xindi Captain. ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on release date on this one? CoolStuff and MM aren't saying more than "November release".

I know our local store posted that November's Heroclix shipment has been delayed (train wreck/shipping issues? not sure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Sundays ago, my store said the 16th. Will be asking again next time I stop by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
Two Sundays ago, my store said the 16th. Will be asking again next time I stop by.

MeepleMart in Canada and Wayland Games in the UK, are both saying Nov 30th for this wave. My CoolStuff order is delayed until it releases, so hopefully not three more weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard back from CoolStuff this afternoon when I inquired why my order had not shipped, and why the Orassin is still marked as a pre-order.

"Thanks for shopping with us. Unfortunately it looks like our release for this item was scheduled for today, but may be pushed back. Once we have received new release information from our distributors, we should be able to update it on our website. I apologize for any confusion and/or inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your business and look forward to any future orders you may place."

Other stores have gotten their shipments, and Miniature Market is shipping them out today as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine, now I'm just waiting for my repainted Sovs. My TO said any delays may have to do with Hanjin's collapse as a shipping conduit. *shrug* I dunno how linked Wizkids was with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.