Subject: crates/barell clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
przemek piekarski
Poland
bydgoszcz
flag msg tools
i did few solo runs, and got only one problem about rules:

rulebook is saying that 1 barrel can be traded for 3 crates..

my question is, if i will switch 3 crates for 1 barell, can i move 2/3 of them by any action - coz that way im able to move 9 foody by one action/dice (other words, is one barrel counting as one box in move action or even if its one "object" its counting as 3)?

game looks amazing, GJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Goeb
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
I think you can only move crates. You would have to trade the barrels before you move the crates which were inside the barrel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, you can only ever move crates. There's no hack that allows you to move the barrels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then why are there barrels at all? To save some components? I would understand that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Chval
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
So everyone should trade rest of their barrels for crates right before final scoring? Crates are awarded, barrels not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ilgir wrote:
So everyone should trade rest of their barrels for crates right before final scoring? Crates are awarded, barrels not.
And you may exchange them at any time (including when scoring).

Do not make it more complicated than necessary.

One barrel is equal to three crates. So one barrel is worth a victory point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, speaking of not making it more complicated than necessary, why is there a barrel at all?

Is there any gameplay regarding the distinction between a barrel and three crate? No rules about moving barrels, no timing or action involved in breaking a barrel down into crates, no reason to maintain the barrel? So I should just replace them with three crates on my first turn? Heck, why not do it during the set up?

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Smith
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Well see I took it, that you could only change them during the roll for exposure step. I only say that because it only mentions that during Roll for exposure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Zyl
South Africa
cape town
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barrels are included in the game for the purposes of a quicker game set-up and breakdown and to reduce individual player footprint on the board.

They are equal to "3 crates" for all purposes of gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szabolcs Lang
Hungary
flag msg tools
Meaning that you can move one barrel (as you would 3 crates) during the "move one explorer" action, right?

By the way, is the number of crates meant to be limited to that is provided in the game? Because if we play a 4-player game, there aren't any leftover crates, so no one can trade a barrel to three crates (until there would be some by being discarded).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Chval
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Understood. The barrels are there just to save some wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sabitage wrote:
Meaning that you can move one barrel (as you would 3 crates) during the "move one explorer" action, right?

You'd think, right? But, no, apparently you can't.

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomChick wrote:
sabitage wrote:

You'd think, right? But, no, apparently you can't.

-Tom

Yes you can, because 1 barrel = 3 crates. It really isn't anything other than a substitute to save space/material. Of course you cannnot move 3 barrels instead of 3 crates.

The way barrels are handled in Snowblind you can exchange them 1:3 and back 3:1 whenever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.