$15.00
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Recap - My Son (Pit Bulls) vs Me (Bighorns):

Pit Bulls win the coin toss and elect to start on offense.

First Half:

-Pit Bulls throws an errant pass that is just off target and the Bighorns intercept the ball but is tracked down before he could take it back to the house.
-Bighorns score quickly off of a QB sneak into the end zone that was preceded by a monster block by the TE

Bighorns 7, Pit Bulls 0

-Sven Worthlessburger drops back to pass and is brutally tackled by the Defensive End on a blitz coughing up the ball. Somehow Sven is able to recover the ball. The safety is out of position trying to get the fumble leaving the receiver wide open down the sideline for an 80 yard TD.

Pit Bulls 7, Bighorns 7

- Bighorns, running out of time, call for a quick route. The nose tackle busts through the line with a partial success. Phil Manly takes advantage of the partial success and moves toward the left to the quick routing receiver. The next moment Manly throws it on target to the receiver. Running down the sideline the Safety catches up with him and epically fails to bring him down and falls down in front of the receiver. The receiver moves around the fallen defender and heads toward the end zone where the last defender catches him on the goal line as the time runs out for the half.

HALFTIME: Pit Bulls 7, Bighorns 7

-Bighorns start with the ball for the second half.

-After getting barely moving the ball up the field for three downs the Bighorns find themselves with 4th down and 75 yards to score.

-Terry David takes the hike. There is a failed attempt at block on the line allowing Roy Gonnamaulu to get through and lay the heavy hit on Davis who immediately coughs up the ball!

-The receiver runs back to pick up the ball and moves backwards to keep the play alive. While Roy pursues the receiver and brings additional defensive pressure his teammate attempts to shove an Offensive lineman to utter fail. This gives Terry the opportunity to get up a make his way down the field. The receiver sees Terry streaking down the field and hits him in stride around the 50. It's a mad dash to the end zone as two defenders catch up with Terry at the goal line but run out of gas as Terry crosses the goal line.

Game Note: My son had put so much pressure on me that I ran out of cards on the bench while he had 5 cards left. Fortunately he used up all of his defenders that were sitting on top of my player and could only move guys way far away from me. Because Terry was #7 I had first move before his defenders close to me could do anything and I scored once we reset our 5 programmed cards.

Bighorns 14, Pit Bulls 7 with time for just a couple of plays left in the game.

-Pit Bulls drop back to pass and with a blitz the defense is able to make a quick sack on the goal line. Pit Bulls call a timeout.

-Pit Bulls put Roy Gonnamaulu as the QB. Drops back with yet another blitz from the defense. Multiple attempts and failures result in Terry Davis getting knocked down multiple times and others on the Pit Bulls failed in reaction causing chaos in the end zone and bodies fly all over the place knocking multiple players to the ground while time on the clock runs out.

-Among the chaos, Kerry Keen is able to make his way to the QB in the end zone just destroying him; this makes the ball pop out about 15 yards away. One of the defensive linemen picks it up and hands the ball off to another def lineman who then is able to barely push his way into the end zone leaving the coach of the Pit Bulls dumbfounded.

FINAL SCORE Bighorns 21, Pit Bulls 7.
[Cross posted on Facebook Group Page]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Exciting game! It looks like your son gave you a run for your money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lower
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
Just ordered WV's Up Front Banzai. Very excited!!
mb
Sweet recap!

The tackle before halftime was a critical play. If only the receiver had been able to hoof it into the end zone, the whole second half would have been different.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on this game!

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
Exciting game! It looks like your son gave you a run for your money!

Yes he did. My son (13) picked this game up quickly and, as you can tell by the highlights, the game was much closer than the score permits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SquadPainter wrote:
Sweet recap!

The tackle before halftime was a critical play. If only the receiver had been able to hoof it into the end zone, the whole second half would have been different.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on this game!

Jeff

Oh man, that killed me that I couldn't punch that one in since I knew I was going to get the ball back in the 2nd Half. I don't let up on my kids so when they win they celebrate. So I make sure to "crush them" and they come back for more.

Yeah, even with the limited craftsmanship I had I love this game. Can't wait for the official components and especially the field! =) Playing on card stock is still fun....but having a cloth rubber mat....yeah, so looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw the microbadge you guys have! Adding it now!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice writeup! Hope you and your son get in some more games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lower
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
Just ordered WV's Up Front Banzai. Very excited!!
mb
I enjoy painting miniatures, upgrading my game components, making custom counters, etc. so I'm looking forward to making the pixel block players. I'm sure that I'll botch the first few, but the rest will be great.

I can't wait for the unlocked playing field. I'm sure the players will appreciate the synthetic surface!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.