Hide
4 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: TACTIC CARD QUESTION AND BATTLE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake W
msg tools
So my group was playing last night, and only game 2. I believe we did it right, but the player made a good point. There was a tactic card he played for its battle effect. It stated "move and 1 recruit from your battle objective to any other battle objective." we played it as it had to be a battle objective he was in, BUT he said the way he read ti was from one he was in to ANY other one. That being said he wanted to be put in one that there were 2 other factions already in a battle. Can you have 3 different factions in a battle? or did we play it right by not allowing him to go to another battle he wasn't a part of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwheeler278 wrote:
So my group was playing last night, and only game 2. I believe we did it right, but the player made a good point. There was a tactic card he played for its battle effect. It stated "move and 1 recruit from your battle objective to any other battle objective." we played it as it had to be a battle objective he was in, BUT he said the way he read ti was from one he was in to ANY other one. That being said he wanted to be put in one that there were 2 other factions already in a battle. Can you have 3 different factions in a battle? or did we play it right by not allowing him to go to another battle he wasn't a part of?

Keep it simple.

The card states: Move one Unit from one Battle Objective to another.

This is the default Tactic for all Faction decks.

Only two players can be involved in a battle, with the exception of Seek and Destroy.

In that battle, you have three objectives: Territory, Prisoner, Attrition. That means, you can play this card, if you're one of the two players in the battle, to move one of your units from one of those three to another.

Keep it simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwheeler278 wrote:

I think you mixed Battle zone and Battle Objective.

Battle Objectives are the 3 zones where you put your minis during a battle. Basically, what the cards allow is to move a mini from one of these 3 zones to another of these 3 zones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake W
msg tools
ah yeah was overthinking it when we did it i guess. thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.