Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Like the subject says, I need help/ideas on creating a Board Game Group flyer for my office. I know at least two people who would be interested in board gaming one night a week after work. So I want to create a flyer to attract more people to the game night. But I'm stumped on how I want to do it.

I googled examples but nothing came up that I liked. They either depicted the mass market games or were plain boring.

I want the flyer to convey/have the following:

1. Convey Board games are more than kid games
2. Have aesthetic appeal
3. The copy should be short and sweet.
4. Be Simple, but creative

Any copy ideas or descriptions of layouts would help. I have the adobe creative suite, so I have a lot of flexibility for implementing ideas.

Normally this wouldn't be hard for me, but I'm having creative constipation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What the event is, in big bold up top.
Color pictures of some of the available boardgames in play (3x3 or 2x3, depending on how easy it is to see what is going on).
When: date(s) and time + estimated length.
Contact info for questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Roesch
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
Could also do the flyer of the theme of the board game. Like wanna be a double agent spy, with a spy theme on the flyer for codenames. Or be the captain of a submarine for captain sonar.

This might appeal to the non-gamer more than pictures of board games.
Though still let them know on flyer that it's a board game event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where the event is also needs to be near the bottom.
The pictures could be 2x2. The idea is to let the pictures speak for themselves. But, you could add phrases like "Games not just for kids anymore." or "Games not like monopoly." between the pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion81 wrote:
1. Convey Board games are more than kid games

This will be the most challenging task since you're trying to break through a common stereotype playing games with a single flyer. You're not going to be able to convince anyone to change their preconceived ideas of what the image playing games portrays, so instead, associate board games with another common scenario that gives a different impression.

Chess is probably the most universally regarded board game that is "sophisticated" and smart enough to earn the respect of most "adults". So I'd suggest using chess pieces on the flyer to direct people's notion of kids to strategic mastery and pique their interest and curiosity by saying there are other board games (most of which non-gamers will never have heard of before) that are just as sophisticated and strategically challenging (and even a whole lot more fun) as chess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Grissom
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Picture of beer - Shows that it's not just for kids.
Picture of dice - Symbolic of board games.
Picture of pizza - It's pizza. If you have it, they will come.
Then your text - "Be there or don't"

Glad to be of service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.