BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Trump: "I will accept the results....if I win!" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: But_Hillary_did_it! [+] [View All]
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Thanks, Don. That makes it all better....

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/20/politics/donald-trump-i-wi...

A true nitwit, just like his opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guarantee that by the time my son turns 5, he will be able to accept a loss better than Donald Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Is he following the AL Gore model ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
You do realize that Al Gore did concede once the Florida irregularities were ruled on by SCOTUS? He didn't go on to harp on how the election was stolen (well, he did in jest on SNL I think). He could have dragged it on and on. The DNC decided to scapegoat Nader while Gore, to his credit, took personal responsibility for his loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Something you can be damn sure DJT wont do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

One could make that argument. However, Gore never mentioned "rigged elections" prior to the final vote, nor did he blame the media. He contested the results in one crucial state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

What kind of bizarre strategy is he following anyway. Is he determined to destroy the GOP as a national power in this cycle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Donald Trump wrote:
"Of course, I would accept a CLEAR election result, but..."

That's the issue, that sentence. A Clear election result? Far too ambiguous. Had he left out the opening of that sentence, I would have cheered the guy. But now he's just setting up a path to contest or worst.

I understand the anger from the right and the left, but for God's sake, in my 57 years, I've never heard (or heard of) a presidential candidate who went as far as Trump is doing RIGHT NOW to disparage the nation's election process and not one of the previous candidates ever claimed prior to the election that the system is rigged. In a campaign full of firsts, this is the one that is actually serious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
bjlillo wrote:
"Of course, I would accept a clear election result, but I would also reserve my right to contest or file a legal challenge in the case of a questionable result," Trump said. "And always, I will follow and abide by all of the rules and traditions of all of the many candidates who have come before me. Always."

Oh the horror!!!11111!!oneoneone!!

Yeah, I just think his definition of a questionable result is probably much broader than everyone else's. He's already said the election is rigged and we still have 19 days to the election. But it's already rigged. So you'll have to excuse the skepticism that he is just going to accept what anyone else would call a clear result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan

You don't have to be defending the idiotic and shameful actions of certain organizations being funded by the DNC to comment that Trump is deluded about the election being rigged. I certainly am not. Further, the corruption you point to is a far cry from "rigging" the election against Trump. The corruption would need to be far more widespread and the magnitude of it would need be much, much larger for the election to be characterized as "rigged."

As far as voter ID laws, I don't have an issue with them as it's now been long enough for people to get IDs. I had a problem when they were first implementing them right before the 2012 election, giving people next to no time. As long as states are making them free for people that have to go out and get them. So you're barking up the wrong tree with that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

That's the issue, that sentence. A Clear election result? Far too ambiguous. Had he left out the opening of that sentence, I would have cheered the guy. But now he's just setting up a path to contest or worst.

Apparently, nothing is "clear" any more. Bernie Sanders lost by 4 million votes, 12 whole percentage points and all we heard was "rigged".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
As with everything else, we'll just have to trust him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
bjlillo wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:

I understand the anger from the right and the left, but for God's sake, in my 57 years, I've never heard (or heard of) a presidential candidate who went as far as Trump is doing RIGHT NOW to disparage the nation's election process and not one of the previous candidates ever claimed prior to the election that the system is rigged. In a campaign full of firsts, this is the one that is actually serious.

We've got actual evidence of voter fraud in battleground states coordinated by the DNC with the knowledge of the HRC campaign. We know that HRC and the DNC worked together to make sure Bernie lost. It's pretty obvious that Democrats have and are willing to continue to cheat. It's why they fight so hard against voter ID laws and protections against vote fraud. It's disgusting to see and it's even more disgusting to see people who are seemingly reasonable otherwise defending it.

I expect the milums of the world to stick to the party line because they have no ability to think for themselves or Mac who has seemingly lost his mind these last couple months. I expect better of people like you who post cogent thoughts on occasion.

Concerning the evidence of voter fraud, I would hope the officials in those states investigate them thoroughly, or at least the Department of Justice looking into it. If nothing else, use the civil courts (preponderance of evidence is easier than beyond a reasonable doubt) to sue the shit out of them. What I said, however, was about the CANDIDATES not saying this kind of thing before. Hell, voter fraud is always going on, whether in Illinois or Texas. And I wouldn't defend either or any political party if my life depended on it.

Concerning the DNC and Hillary conspiring to get the nom for Clinton? Distasteful, yes. Politics as usual, most certainly.

And I expect, BJ, that you would understand that politics is, always has been, always will be, a blood sport with few if any rules. The people who run for office successfully are the ones making the rules. Sort of like Mafia dons writing criminal law.

Actually, come to think of it, it's exactly like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Voting for a corrupt piece of human filth like Hillary Clinton...

Yes, her opponents have told us over and over what a horrible person she is. And they'll keep throwing everything they can out until they figure out why.

Meanwhile, after years and millions of dollars, they've figured out that she had an IT violation and that she didn't personally don her super cape and fly to Benghazi to bounce bullets off the big 'H' on her chest.

Back when all this nonsense started I wasn't very fond of Clinton. After having bothered to research a bunch of the crap these people keep throwing at her and consistently discovering a bunch of molehill-mountaineering and outright garbage, and being amazed that this is all such concentrated investigation can come up with, I'm in the position of actually feeling like, for a rare change, I'm actually voting for a candidate I approve of instead of just picking the lesser of two evils.

And then on election Tuesday I'm going out for tacos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

What kind of bizarre strategy is he following anyway. Is he determined to destroy the GOP as a national power in this cycle?

Trump isn't stupid: he's quite a good huckster and con man. It may just be that he's committed to the con and is going to see it out to the end.

I really can't believe in a true false flag operation, ie, the DNC or anyone else is pulling Trump's strings.

It's possible Trump is himself flying a false flag, possibly because he wants the fiscally conservative RINOs back.

Or he might believe that in order to do the things Hillary wants to do, she can't avoid doing things to his benefit.

Last, it's possible Trump is setting up for his next show, competing with Fox or Limbaugh.

We'll find out in a few months. I'm curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
I guarantee that by the time my son turns 5, he will be able to accept a loss better than Donald Trump.

I'm not sure you can guarantee that. Is this your first child?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
"Of course, I would accept a clear election result, but I would also reserve my right to contest or file a legal challenge in the case of a questionable result," Trump said. "And always, I will follow and abide by all of the rules and traditions of all of the many candidates who have come before me. Always."

Why didn't he say that when asked directly on national TV? Maybe because his handlers didn't have a chance to intercede?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
chopkins828 wrote:

I'm not sure you can guarantee that. Is this your first child?

Oh, you can guarantee it, if you're willing to start over at four and a half. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:

Yes, her opponents have told us over and over what a horrible person she is. And they'll keep throwing everything they can out until they figure out why.

Meanwhile, after years and millions of dollars, they've figured out that she had an IT violation and that she didn't personally don her super cape and fly to Benghazi to bounce bullets off the big 'H' on her chest.

Back when all this nonsense started I wasn't very fond of Clinton. After having bothered to research a bunch of the crap these people keep throwing at her and consistently discovering a bunch of molehill-mountaineering and outright garbage, and being amazed that this is all such concentrated investigation can come up with, I'm in the position of actually feeling like, for a rare change, I'm actually voting for a candidate I approve of instead of just picking the lesser of two evils.

This This This!

And the Taco Tuesday is a good idea also!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was an awesome "PSYCHE!" moment from Trump. Made me laugh.

He is the Troller in Chief. And that is a great accomplishment of his campaign: even if he doesn't win, he's exposed so much of what our leadership and media has become. He's trolled the world, and will just go back to being Billionaire Playboy Trump after a loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Exactly!

And also, he lies so easily about other subjects so why did Trump stick it on this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only imagine what it would be like if Donald Trump had to stand up in front of the United States Senate and read the results of the Electoral College like Al Gore did in 2001.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:

What a sad, willfully ignorant state of affairs you're existing in. Gross.

Wait...you don't like tacos? You think tacos are gross?

What the heck is wrong with you!?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
she2 wrote:
You don't have to be defending the idiotic and shameful actions of certain organizations being funded by the DNC to comment that Trump is deluded about the election being rigged. I certainly am not. Further, the corruption you point to is a far cry from "rigging" the election against Trump. The corruption would need to be far more widespread and the magnitude of it would need be much, much larger for the election to be characterized as "rigged."

I'm assuming that Trump is going to get throttled, so this is not really about this election specifically IMO. That being said, we've had margins of victory in swing states in the Midwest that could very easily have been the result of fraud. We know for sure that Al Franken's election was decided by ineligible voters. Without vote fraud, there's no Senator Franken. Without Senator Franken, there's no 60 seat majority in Obama's first term and no Obamacare. So yeah, it has created a real tangible difference in recent years.

We've got evidence of two operatives from different organizations working to influence the vote in two swing states with the knowledge of the HRC campaign. You think they're the only ones doing it because they're the only ones who got caught? Come on. Don't be ridiculous.

You don't know shit, meathead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:

What a sad, willfully ignorant state of affairs you're existing in. Gross.

Willfully ignorant AND a winner....

or

Delusional AND a loser

Seems like you have the latter all wrapped up, so we'll take the first one.

Thanks.. bye-bye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.