Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mateusz, we sat down for a coop game the other day and ran into a few questions:

1: The rules say to "randomly draw one of the two development trees available"; we assume they mean "one of the three", and that we should use the efficiency deck for this.

2: Assault in coop: p.19 says "resolve according to standard rules". Standard rules say "The attacker draws one Efficientcy card and modifies according to the game text on the order card". But in coop, there is no assault order card being played... The example on p.20 shows a 'Storm the walls' card; should we use this one for every assault?

3: The Pirate can eliminate 3 cards from "the Efficiency stack". Only from the Defenders' Efficiency stack, or can he choose to take cards from the attacker's Efficiency stack, too?

4: If we build a Level 1 workshop, we get 3x Stones reaction cards (but apparently no 'Stones' tokens). Does that mean we have to play a 'Build Machines" card after that, so that we can place a token later? And we can only use the 'Stones' reaction card at a wall area where we placed a 'Stones' token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
Imagine wrote:
Hi Mateusz, we sat down for a coop game the other day and ran into a few questions:

1: The rules say to "randomly draw one of the two development trees available"; we assume they mean "one of the three", and that we should use the efficiency deck for this.

2: Assault in coop: p.19 says "resolve according to standard rules". Standard rules say "The attacker draws one Efficientcy card and modifies according to the game text on the order card". But in coop, there is no assault order card being played... The example on p.20 shows a 'Storm the walls' card; should we use this one for every assault?

3: The Pirate can eliminate 3 cards from "the Efficiency stack". Only from the Defenders' Efficiency stack, or can he choose to take cards from the attacker's Efficiency stack, too?

4: If we build a Level 1 workshop, we get 3x Stones reaction cards (but apparently no 'Stones' tokens). Does that mean we have to play a 'Build Machines" card after that, so that we can place a token later? And we can only use the 'Stones' reaction card at a wall area where we placed a 'Stones' token?

Hello,

1. Yes it should be "three" instead of "two"
2. You always use "Storm the Walls" in normal situation.
3. You can only choose cards from defenders efficiency stack.
4. Exactly, after build a level 1 workshop you have reaction cards. But you need minimum one Stone token on any Area of Fortifications to use these cards (you can use it on Areas with tokens only).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matio2007 wrote:
Imagine wrote:

4. Exactly, after build a level 1 workshop you have reaction cards. But you need minimum one Stone token on any Area of Fortifications to use these cards (you can use it on Areas with tokens only).

So if I have 1 Stones token on a fortification, can I only play 1 Stones Reaction card there (per battle)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
Imagine wrote:
matio2007 wrote:
Imagine wrote:

So if I have 1 Stones token on a fortification, can I only play 1 Stones Reaction card there (per battle)?

No, you can use all your "Stones" cards on this Area, there are no limits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thank you.

Another question: What are these cards for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
Imagine wrote:
Ah, thank you.

Another question: What are these cards for?

These cards are from our future game The Hunters But at this moment it's a gift for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan_Fury Bryan_Fury
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi Mateusz, congratulations from the game, i'm very happy to have been backer.

I have a dude with the development phase. In solo mode, to gain 3 soldiers & 2 archers requires
- 2 BUILD cards to get level 2 barracks (from level 1)
- 4 TRAIN cards (2 for soldiers + 2 for archers)

6 cards but with these troops I hardly get to defend myself and generally lose them all in one round. I'm doing it fine?.

Aside when a wall has fallen into an assault, the attacker troops retreat to foregroun zone and attack it again on the next attack turn? Being able to descend several times the life of the city on the same zone wall?.

Pit and ditch only activated when one army enter from deploy zone to foreground zone, it's true? not when they are one army in foreground and makes an assault?.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
Bryan_Fury wrote:
Hi Mateusz, congratulations from the game, i'm very happy to have been backer.

I have a dude with the development phase. In solo mode, to gain 3 soldiers & 2 archers requires
- 2 BUILD cards to get level 2 barracks (from level 1)
- 4 TRAIN cards (2 for soldiers + 2 for archers)

6 cards but with these troops I hardly get to defend myself and generally lose them all in one round. I'm doing it fine?.

Aside when a wall has fallen into an assault, the attacker troops retreat to foregroun zone and attack it again on the next attack turn? Being able to descend several times the life of the city on the same zone wall?.

Pit and ditch only activated when one army enter from deploy zone to foreground zone, it's true? not when they are one army in foreground and makes an assault?.
!

Thank you, I'm happy that you enjoy the game.

1. Exactly, to get 2 archers and 3 men-at-arms you need:
- firstly 2 build cards
- next 2 train cards to get 2 archers
- next 2 train cards to get 3 men-at-arms
If you're talking about the foirst scenario "Marauders" you have also 3 men-at-arms at the beginning.

2. Yes, attackers troops attack again in each turn.

3. Yes, you can use "ditch" or "pit" card only when the enemy move from deploy zone to foreground zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan_Fury Bryan_Fury
Spain
flag msg tools
1) On solo stage 3 (spiders attack), I can kill spiders with PIT reactions?
It's a very cool scenario with only spider attacks, but I think with the pit it becomes so easy.

2) In solo stage 4 (saboteurs?), when add RAM and SIEGE TOWER to attack troops you say add the SIEGE TOWER cards but not the RAM cards, I understand that I have to add both?, RAM can make assault when are alone or need to be accompanied by troops?

It's a lot of fun the different scenarios system you've created

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
Bryan_Fury wrote:
1) On solo stage 3 (spiders attack), I can kill spiders with PIT reactions?
It's a very cool scenario with only spider attacks, but I think with the pit it becomes so easy.

2) In solo stage 4 (saboteurs?), when add RAM and SIEGE TOWER to attack troops you say add the SIEGE TOWER cards but not the RAM cards, I understand that I have to add both?, RAM can make assault when are alone or need to be accompanied by troops?

It's a lot of fun the different scenarios system you've created

Thanks!

1. Unfortunatelly (for spiders) you can.
2. Yes, you have to use battering ram attack in this scenario. RAM can attack alone (normally it always attacks alone, the rest of units are waiting behind).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.