Popular Tags: [View All]
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howzit -

If a leader applies its DRM to a FG (single hex: 1x sq (MMG), 1x HS) and the FG contains a MMG that makes rate - does the ldr DRM still apply to the MMG when it fires again?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No rules handy, but I am pretty darn sure that he may.

Hopefully someone can chime in with a rules reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes per rule 1.2.1 (in the ASLSK3 rule book).

"A leader may attempt only one action per phase, but use his leadership modifier more than once in the same phase only to attempt to rally more than one unit in a RPh, to direct ROF and/or Defensive Fire Attacks, and assist units with morale checks".

He has to be used in the first instance to direct fire and can then direct ROF weapons again in the same phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the GG! Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for answering my question!

Quick add-on to the question - if there are two (2) MMGs (in the same hex) that made rate - can the leadership DRM apply to both when they fire again at different targets/hex?

I would say the ldr DRM only applies to one SW since the ldr only has one (1) action per phase.

If the the MMGs formed a FG and fired at the same hex, then the ldr DRM would apply to the FG (i.e., both SWs).

Am I reading that right?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - that's how I read it. Because the action is for the FG is a single action. He can again apply the DRM for ROF to the weapon/FG he directed initially. I'm still new to ASL too so I'm prepared to be shot down by a lurking veteran. But an FG is an FG, so the one action applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean mentioned it, but to make it more explicit: it applies to the same phase. So a leader that used its DRM for defensive fire in the Movement Phase cannot use its DRM for defensive fire in the Defensive Fire Phase.

Badly worded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But 1.2.1 reads "one action per phase" so it seems he can apply his DRM in other phases - but only once per phase - except for what is listed - eg. ROF, rally.

Also Rof carries from DFF during MPh to DFPh.

EDIT: 3.4 - "Leader direction used during DFF can be used again in SFF, FPF, or Final Fire, but only for one firing unit or FG, and that unit or FG cannot include different firers than those he directed during First Fire."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.